Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suit Bag as personal item?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Suit Bag as personal item?

So, I'm flying US Airways Express from RDU to DC and plan on bringing a carry-on bag and a suit in a small suit bag. Will this be acceptable as a "personal item"? Will they allow me to hang it up? Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2009, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
It will not count as a personal item. if your on the non-stop its going to be a CRJ which will not have hangers so your going to have to put it in one of the very small overhead bins. Your carry-on bag will probably have to be gate checked as the overhead bins dont fit most rollaboards
Old Jan 27, 2009, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response. It is non-stop. So, if they check the roll-a-board, the suit bag could work as my carry-on bag? I guess I could just lay it flat in one of the overhead bins.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 4:23 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by jmp29
Thanks for the response. It is non-stop. So, if they check the roll-a-board, the suit bag could work as my carry-on bag? I guess I could just lay it flat in one of the overhead bins.
If it's a CRJ, it won't fit unrolled, unfolded in an overhead bin (unless your suits and the bag are very, very skinny from a width standpoint).
Old Jan 27, 2009, 4:24 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
You are allowed one bag and one "small" carry on. Most rj's do not have closets. You may have to fold your suit and have it pressed at your destination. If a small rj, they will yellow tag gate check and bring it to the jetway. Larger e175 or e190 are treated like bigger jets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.