Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current US F Situation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Web Check-In Upgrade Question

Since this is active on the general subject of F, how about a piggyback question...

I'm a UA-1K flying US LGA-CLT-MCO on 8:15am departure tomorrow. There is an offer for a $150 upgrade (A321 and B757), is it worth the cost? I'm not very familiar with US equipment or on board service, so any info is appreciated - thanks, Ken.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by SS255
I haven't flown too many HP legs, but in my recollection, I have always received a pre-departure beverage. They are a rarity on US East legs, though.
Actually the last few months that I flew US I found the East crews to be much better with pre-departure beverages.^ Having said that, I've yet to be on a UA flight without being offered a pre-departure beverage.^^
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by PittDoc
Tip: if you're at all a scotch lover, the Glenlivet is the best remaining feature in FC

I think this is the only good thing to come from the merger! Knowing Tempe though I'm sure it came down to price!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:16 am

I was on a flight from ATL to PHX last week and the FA asked everyone for their pre-flight drink order. She made one drink and they started joking around with the GA. She was having so much fun with the GA she forgot about the drink orders. The drink she did make was dumped as we pushed back..
Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by TravelManKen
Since this is active on the general subject of F, how about a piggyback question...

I'm a UA-1K flying US LGA-CLT-MCO on 8:15am departure tomorrow. There is an offer for a $150 upgrade (A321 and B757), is it worth the cost? I'm not very familiar with US equipment or on board service, so any info is appreciated - thanks, Ken.
As a UA 1K and a US Silver (in the past) I would ask you if you consider $150 worth the cost of a bigger seat. I'm not sure the block times but they probably are about 2 hours each. There will be no meal, just a snack basket and you'll get free drinks (even free water I guess).

It will be nothing like a ride in UA F. There will be no glassware. There will be no meal on a 850 mile flight. There will probably not (since it's US East, I guess) be a predeparture drink (though I would ring my call button and get one I guess).

Really boils down to if you want the big seat for 2 hours and then 1.5 hours. You could get caught up in a ground hold somewhere were it's really worth it.

Would you but 3 e500s (for 150) to upgrade UA on a flight like PHL-ORD-MCI... Same distances and question there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.