Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US777 SNN-PHL canceled due to pilot heart attack?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Flying Blue, UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles, HA HawaiianMiles
US777 SNN-PHL canceled due to pilot heart attack?

Hi all, this is my first post so apologies if this has already been posted (I've been lurking for quite awhile). My co-worker was scheduled to come back to the US from Ireland yesterday 8/17, on US777 from Shannon to Philly. We received her email today informing us that her flight had been canceled due to the pilot having a massive heart attack beforehand. Does anyone have additional info on this? I can't find anything on Google, but I sincerely hope the pilot made it through.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:41 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Welcome to FT!

Hopefully the pilot is ok. Hopefuly anyone with any info will post it here.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP, CO PE, HH Diamond, MR Platinum, BW Diamond, Avis PC
From what I've been told, the pilot was one of the better ones out there. He suffered a serious health event which hasn't yet been determined what exactly happened (could be a heart attack, stroke, etc.). Hopefully he comes through whatever exactly it was.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:55 pm

He's going to be fine.
Thanks everyone for your concern.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:30 am

Programs: UA, IB, FB
This is true. The flight had to be cancelled because he had a heart condition. I know him personally and I hope he is going to be fine. Most of the passengers had to spend the night in SNN and they were rebooked on flights leaving the following day. Hopefully everybody is at their final destination now.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Flying Blue, UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles, HA HawaiianMiles
Thanks for your responses all. My co-worker is home safe and sound, and I'm glad things are looking better for the pilot. Nothing like having a medical emergency in a foreign country!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery to the pilot, and I hope he can resume flying if he wants to.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I'm glad that he made it through. It certainly gives one pause for thought.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:32 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by GalleyWench
He's going to be fine.
Thanks everyone for your concern.
Glad to hear it....
Its the front line people that make US.... so we can only wish the best for them and their families!

Let's hope management comes around to realize their value.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Best wishes to the pilot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.