Wiki Posts
Search

US 1545 (PHX-SEA) discontinued

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2008, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2MM
US 1545 (PHX-SEA) discontinued

US has discontinued their am PHL-SEA nonstop, starting sometime this fall/winter. We had booked a UA saver award to fly our daughter home on 12/13 for the holidays from ITH to SEA via PHL. Today, was looking at the itinerary online, and could only see the return on 1/4/09 from SEA-ITH. Called the 1K desk, they said US 1545 had been discontinued, and she was re-booked on US 753, leaving at 1755, giving her a 12 hour layover in PHL! I did manage to re-book again, on UA 883 and 355, getting her home just a couple of hours later than originally scheduled. At least now she's on UA metal, and as a 3P she can get E+.

So if you are planning to use the am PHL-SEA nonstop on US, you may want to check to see when it is discontinued. I was a bit put out that we had not received any notification of this change--if I'd waited til closer to the flight to check, it's very likely that I would not have been able to re-book her on a saver award.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: LH
Warm welcome to FlyerTalk, tkc98110.
You should, however, avoid double posts.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Oops, sorry, wasn't aware! Wasn't sure if I should post it in UA or US, advice?
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP, CO PE, HH Diamond, MR Platinum, BW Diamond, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tkc98110
So if you are planning to use the am PHL-SEA nonstop on US, you may want to check to see when it is discontinued. I was a bit put out that we had not received any notification of this change--if I'd waited til closer to the flight to check, it's very likely that I would not have been able to re-book her on a saver award.

Just to be clear, don't be put out with US, be put out with UA. With the way their systems are set up, UA is "supposed" to notify of changes on itineraries they ticket and book. The same applies at US. I've found that US is pretty good with notifying me of changes on UA award tickets I've booked with US miles.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flywaywaytoomuch
Just to be clear, don't be put out with US, be put out with UA. With the way their systems are set up, UA is "supposed" to notify of changes on itineraries they ticket and book. The same applies at US. I've found that US is pretty good with notifying me of changes on UA award tickets I've booked with US miles.
I fully agree--I was put out with UA, since I booked through them. (That's why I posted on the UA forum as well and got a polite hand slapping). US has every right of course to reduce their # of flights to try and stay afloat in a dragging economy--good luck to all of our airlines!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.