Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Tucker501
since the discussion is about First Class meals, are there ONLY enough meals for first class seats (12 on A320)? Or do you stock an extra one? I'm thinking what happens if a FA accidently drops/spills a tray when serving, and there's no backup plan?

On dom. first class is catered with the same number of meals as seats. There are no extras. If we drop/spill a meal the only backup is the snack basket/snack box from coach and begging for the pax understanding that we are human.

Last edited by tahitigirl; Oct 6, 2010 at 7:31 pm
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:55 am

Totally shifting gears to a seating question. I am looking at PHL-ZRH on a 767. Row 12 (exit) shows limited leg room on Seatguru. Can you get up w/out disturbing the aisle person from a row 12 window seat? Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2010, 1:24 am

Which airline for the 767?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:18 am

Programs: None
US.

Jim
Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
US.

Jim
Yes, US flight 710: PHL-ZRH, then ZRH-IST. I just hate "climbing" over sleeping people on a long red-eye, but prefer the window for leaning. My other option is an additional connection (PHL-BRU-MUN-IST) to get an exit row on a 757 for the trans Atlantic portion. Thanks for any help on the 767 row 12
Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: None
Like you, I prefer the window for leaning on but haven't ridden the 767 since before they redid the interiors, so unfortunately I can't help you on seat selection.

Jim
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
Originally Posted by sacgrad2002
I guess I am complaining about their 3.5 hour policy. I expect to get a meal on flights over 2-2.5 hours. I was on a United flight recently in F class - 2hr22 min - was served a hot meal which I enjoyed...

Us air needs to change its policy...
In defense of US Air (of which I have many other complaints unfortunately) on meal-less flights food will not be stocked so there is nothing to serve in the event of a flight delay. Stocking food 'in the event of....' is just not cost effective, viewing it from a business standpoint.
I am in agreement with awaflyboy, standard PAX flying procedures should be; pack something in your carry-on. Snacks, or whatever. Or eat before the flight. I've done it cause it just makes sense.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by Heidelberg Barbie
...Or eat before the flight. I've done it cause it just makes sense.
....and as long as I keep getting bags of Kettle* Chips** (sea salt & crushed pepper), I'll be more than happy. I luv those things!

*anybody else find the name ironic?

**along with the requisite beverage to wash them down.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by cdepks
Yes, US flight 710: PHL-ZRH, then ZRH-IST. I just hate "climbing" over sleeping people on a long red-eye, but prefer the window for leaning. My other option is an additional connection (PHL-BRU-MUN-IST) to get an exit row on a 757 for the trans Atlantic portion. Thanks for any help on the 767 row 12
The exit row is at the bulkhead and has about as much space as any other bulkhead seat with the exception of there being 2 seats instead of 3.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by tahitigirl
The exit row is at the bulkhead and has about as much space as any other bulkhead seat with the exception of there being 2 seats instead of 3.
Thanks Tahitigirl...but to restate the original question, since this is a long redeye, is it possible to get around a sleeping aisle person from the row 12 window? I realize there are some variables such as size of the aisle person, etc., but in general? Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by cdepks
Thanks Tahitigirl...but to restate the original question, since this is a long redeye, is it possible to get around a sleeping aisle person from the row 12 window? I realize there are some variables such as size of the aisle person, etc., but in general? Thanks

I would say yes it is possible. Since there is only one person next to you it would be pretty easy to climb out unless your neighboor is one of those people that puts his/her legs up on the bulkhead wall.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:28 am

Questions.

Hi, I am Mai Nguyen, currently studying in high school. I would like to ask some questions since I am interested in this career and for one of my subjects. I would like to ask about the main responsibilities as a flight attendant, everyday examples of literacy and numeracy used in the workplace, and why it is important for this profession. I would also like to know if you would have any advice you would like to share to high school students who wish to improve their literacy and numeracy in the future.

Thankyou, I would love to hear from you soon!
Mai Nguyen.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by tahitigirl
I would say yes it is possible. Since there is only one person next to you it would be pretty easy to climb out unless your neighboor is one of those people that puts his/her legs up on the bulkhead wall.
Thanks....that does answer my question. I don't mind carefully stepping over someone in the middle of the night on a red-eye to use the lav., but if they are sleeping with their feet on the bulkhead, I don't mind disturbing them, because I think that is kind of rude! Thanks again....
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP (fmr US CH 10 years), MR PP, SW P, HH G, UA G
Seat Recliner Versus Laptop

I am curious if you have any stories of an incident between a seat recliner and a laptop user behind him/her. How would a conflict be handled in this instance?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: US Plat, *G, Delta GM, Marriott Rewards Silver, HHonors Silver
No first aid kits on flights?

This question is specifically with regard to a United flight I was on this morning, but I couldn't find an Ask the FA thread over there and I imagine this is fairly uniform across airlines.

On my flight this morning, I papercut myself pretty badly (yes, I am extremely clumsy - who gets a severe papercut?!). Anyway, it was bleeding fairly continuously and after several napkins, I walked up front and asked the FA for a band-aid. She replied, "No, we don't carry those on board." I was pretty surprised by this - is it really possible that there isn't a first aid kit with at least a few band-aids on board, or did she just not feel like finding it for me?

(To be clear, I did not ask for any assistance or first aid application - just a band aid to apply myself)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.