Wiki Posts
Search

Drink Chits at US Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Question Drink Chits at US Clubs

On Friday I will be making an international trip on UA in F. I am Star Gold and a US Club member. Will US give me drink chits in the CLT club even though my international gateway city is SFO? Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:04 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
YMMV but I do not think they will honor it....if you are flying F before you arrive in CLT, grab a few extra mini's from the F/A and just get the mixer from the bar-au gratis.......just another way to mess US over which is my goal for 2008.....do not pay them a cent more than you have to.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFreak
YMMV but I do not think they will honor it....if you are flying F before you arrive in CLT, grab a few extra mini's from the F/A and just get the mixer from the bar-au gratis.......just another way to mess US over which is my goal for 2008.....do not pay them a cent more than you have to.
Well CLT is my origin city but I just may have to bring a few minis from home that I have collected over the past year.

PS. I'm not flying US at all. I'm flying Delta, UA, Emirates, and Air New Zealand
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by uva185
On Friday I will be making an international trip on UA in F. I am Star Gold and a US Club member. Will US give me drink chits in the CLT club even though my international gateway city is SFO? Thanks
CLT Club will only issue 2 drink chits to each confirmed Envoy pax, paid/upgraded/award.

You must have looks and/or charm to qualify for the exception
Old Mar 4, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
If Marlene is there, make sure you have a FFOCUS pin--she likes us
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:10 pm

Programs: US Dividend Miles/NW World Perks

yeah, thats class.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

If Marlene is there, make sure you have a FFOCUS pin--she likes us
Dually noted. I usually only wear it when I fly US so I'll have to remember to bring it for this trip. There are two club angels who always remember me, hopefully one of them will be working!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by uva185
Well CLT is my origin city but I just may have to bring a few minis from home that I have collected over the past year.

PS. I'm not flying US at all. I'm flying Delta, UA, Emirates, and Air New Zealand
Hmm, international gateway city SFO, flying those airlines, hmm, wonder where you could be going? Enjoy the trip, and I think that you will get enough free booze on even your short NZ to make up for any shortcomings in CLT!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 8:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
When I went to the PHX club before flying internationally (to Europe, all on US tickets) back in December, they barely even let me in the club, let alone gave me a drink ticket. The gal kept saying she didn't know, pretending to look up a rule somewhere, thinking I would just go away, but I didn't. Eventually she kind of shrugged her shoulders and said to go in. But at the hour I was there, I don't think I would have had anything anyway.

Conversely, when I went to the UA Red Carpet Club in SFO a few weeks ago before a SFO-FRA flight, they gave me 2 drink tickets without even asking (and they certainly made me feel more welcome). I still have 1 ticket left somewhere.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Well turns out all this was for nothing as according to the club attendant the bar in CLT doesn't open until noon!! What's up with that?!?

All is well though as I am enjoying my PRE-DEPARTURE bloody mary on DELTA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.