Community
Wiki Posts
Search

baggage disaster PHL-AVP today

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2008, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

baggage disaster PHL-AVP today

Flew #4079 today from PHL-AVP. Baggage was missing for half the plane. Good ole PHL, it always lives up to it's reputation.

Bobette
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Boy, when I first read the thread title, I thought you were goint to say that it took an hour for the baggage to come out at AVP.

I should have known better, considering how if I make a pitstop in the restroom on my way down to baggage claim, my bag is often already on the belt!

I hope you were part of the half whose baggage made it!
Old Feb 17, 2008, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SS255
Boy, when I first read the thread title, I thought you were goint to say that it took an hour for the baggage to come out at AVP.

I should have known better, considering how if I make a pitstop in the restroom on my way down to baggage claim, my bag is often already on the belt!

I hope you were part of the half whose baggage made it!
Mine were not there. I was able to pick it up this morning. But, they said that most of the bags still haven't made it in. Yesterday was the first time that I checked bags through PHL in a very long time. I thought maybe I'd get lucky.

You're right when you say that AVP's bags come right out. I'm barely down the steps and the bags are rolling out.

Bobette
Old Feb 17, 2008, 12:39 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Maybe they are trying to save fuel
Old Feb 17, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: US, AA
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Maybe they are trying to save fuel
Haha! By imposing a limit on the number of bags to save weight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.