Wiki Posts
Search

Any Known "work aorunds" to getting the Exit Seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Any Known "work aorunds" to getting the Exit Seat

Hi all,

I wish I had found this site sooner. Looks like a great site with helpful people. I hope I can contribute in the future.

I have been a frequent traveler and on Some airlines I have mileage status that allows to book the exit seat in advance.

Next week I am traveling on US Air and I can not get the exit seat and they tell me it is assigned at the airport unless I have mileage status (which I do not).

Anyone know how i can get this in advance?

Also, I'd be interested in other airlines for the future
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, Magicman_007. FT is a great, helpful community. As your specific question is about U.S. Air, I am moving this over to the U.S. Forum (Airline Forums). I'm sure you will receive very helpful replies.
Best wishes..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Magicman_007
Hi all,

I wish I had found this site sooner. Looks like a great site with helpful people. I hope I can contribute in the future.

I have been a frequent traveler and on Some airlines I have mileage status that allows to book the exit seat in advance.

Next week I am traveling on US Air and I can not get the exit seat and they tell me it is assigned at the airport unless I have mileage status (which I do not).

Anyone know how i can get this in advance?

Also, I'd be interested in other airlines for the future
Welcome! The seats are held for US Preferreds until check-in. You might be able to get one if you do OLCI.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 5:00 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Welcome to FT, Magicman_007! or should we call you James??

As me4yankees said, you can definitely doublecheck at checkin (Select Seats) and also when you get to the gate - Preferreds get automatic free upgrades on US, so exit rows will often open up by then.

Also, if you're interested, getting Silver Preferred status on US is relatively easy (spend $25K on one of their credit cards and 10K of your bonus mi get converted to PQM; then fly only 15K mi) and will give you access to exit rows at the time of booking. The credit cards give you preferred checkin and Zone 2 boarding automatically.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick responses. I am actually not a member of US Air FF program and will join shortly. I will check the OLCI and hope for the best. Otherwise it looks like I am out of luck huh?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dstan
Welcome to FT, Magicman_007! or should we call you James??
I do not understand this.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 6:17 pm

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
How young are you???

"The name is Bond....James Bond."
A gazillion movies...James Bond, 007

Welcome to FT!
Eileen
Old Jan 12, 2008, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EileenSRN
"The name is Bond....James Bond."
A gazillion movies...James Bond, 007

Welcome to FT!
Eileen
Sometimes I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. It is hard to believe I am actually making a living. I knew this.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
I might get banned for saying this...

But, before we were SP,(made it in the fall of 05), if we presented ourselves at a US ticket counter, we could get assigned Exit row seats. There's a small county airport about 20 min. from my home; curbside parking at the front door. Made it easy. I know it would be a big pain if you're in a big metro area. And with the "new" US, it might not be an option anymore.
So, your next mission is....
Eileen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.