Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

"It's certainly not ideal to have hydraulic fluid on your passengers"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"It's certainly not ideal to have hydraulic fluid on your passengers"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 8:30 pm

Programs: CO/DL:Gold, UA:PremExec; Marriott:Gold, Hilton:Silver
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
It could be, but that's not necessarily the case. There's very little demand on the hydraulic system when you're just flying along, so very little fluid is actually being pumped through the system(s). So warm is probably the worst case.

Think of if as being a little like the hot water in your house. The water in the water heater may be hot, but until there's demand the hot water is basically limited to the the heater. What comes out of the faucet isn't hot initially - you have to wait for the hot water to flow from the tank to the faucet.

That's not to say that the hydraulic fluid in the tank is kept hot. The heat is generated as a by-product of the pumps producing pressure plus just absorbed heat from the engines.

Jim
Thanks Jim! You've satisfied my nerdy curiosity Still sounds like it would have been an odd experience, though!

Phil
Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:34 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GaryZ
But I guess a follow-up question would be if it should be served hot or cold?
Better question - If it's cold, does it come with a green lime? If it's hot, then i'd like to add Bailey's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.