Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Supressing *A SQ Awards?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:39 am
Original Poster

US Supressing *A SQ Awards?

The ANA Flight Availability tool shows 2 C tix JFK-FRA, but US is not showing as available. Up until now, I'd not found US supressing any *A flights--the ANA tool exactly mirrored US availablity for *A awards.

Anyone else have similar issues with SQ or other airlines when booking *A awards through US?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:41 am

They can't see anything at this point (VS, SQ, SA). You might as well throw darts in a dark alley.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response! They can see Lufthansa.

Why can't they see SQ and others? Something related to the merger?

So is there any way to book a SQ flight through US using miles? Can they call SQ to confirm availability? I'm on hold now with US now....
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:51 am

Programs: US
I had this same experience last November when I was trying to book SQ award to Singapore 331 days out. ANA tool showed availability, but then US said those flights were not available to book. It seemed to me a matter that SQ wasn't making these award flights available to US. I wondered if once the codesharing between US and SQ was in place, if more of these flights would be available to US, but so far, that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Based on PHLBuddy's comments, it seems the problem might be that the seats are there, they just can't see them. If that's the case, is there a work-around?

Or is it the case that

a) SQ is not allowing US access to the seats for awards or
b) US is not giving its members access to the seats

If anyone can help me help the agents get the seats, that would be great!

Thanks.

Jim
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:33 am
Original Poster

I got through to a CSR who tried to do a "direct sell" for the SQ flight that was showing available on ANA, but it came back as unavailable in business. They showed availability the next day in coach, which matched ANA. It seems someone is restricting access to SQ business seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.