Search

Platinum Status flying with non-status friend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2007, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Air Plat
Platinum Status flying with non-status friend

Hi,
I have platinum status and I used point to get ticket for PHL-SFO; I'm flying with a friend who does not have status and made their own reservation. I'm wondering the chances of me getting an upgrade and/or getting seats together if I'm not upgraded. Without status she was unable to reserve a seat in the exit row...if I call USAIR what are the chances of getting a seat for non-status in an exit row?

Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2007, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
Your only chance of getting an upgrade would be the GoFirst upgrade program as award tickets arent elligble for free upgrades. With the seating, I'd suggest calling the PP preferred line and they would probably work with you on that.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 7:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
You can call the PP line and have them link your PNRs and ask them to seat you together.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by natas43
You can call the PP line and have them link your PNRs and ask them to seat you together.
Every agent I've spoken to says this can't be done (or they don't know how to do it) with SHARES. This also prevents companions from being auto-upgraded unless they're on the same PNR.

One of the more frustrating changes since the res merger...
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Not sure if I did it before the system migration or not....I did it for a March 29th flight, though
Old Apr 8, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
Originally Posted by sdlevi27
Every agent I've spoken to says this can't be done (or they don't know how to do it) with SHARES. This also prevents companions from being auto-upgraded unless they're on the same PNR.

One of the more frustrating changes since the res merger...
Call when your within your upgrade window. If there are seats available they should upgrade your companion.

Originally Posted by n2jaz
Hi,
I have platinum status and I used point to get ticket for PHL-SFO; I'm flying with a friend who does not have status and made their own reservation. I'm wondering the chances of me getting an upgrade and/or getting seats together if I'm not upgraded. Without status she was unable to reserve a seat in the exit row...if I call USAIR what are the chances of getting a seat for non-status in an exit row?

Thanks
You should be able to call now and have your friend moved to the exit row. I just needed a name (no confirmation code) to move my gf to a seat next to me.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by ackpfft
Call when your within your upgrade window. If there are seats available they should upgrade your companion.

You should be able to call now and have your friend moved to the exit row. I just needed a name (no confirmation code) to move my gf to a seat next to me.
Yes, within the window the companion upgrade on separate PNR works fine if you call it in, it's the upgrade gnome that doesn't work when they're on a separate PNR.

I had no luck getting a companion on a separate PNR moved into an exit row with me. The agent said the res. system blocks it if they have no status. This was a few weeks ago, so hopefully that's been fixed (or the agent has been fixed).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.