Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Baggage/Carrier Transfer to non *A carrier.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro
International Baggage/Carrier Transfer to non *A carrier.

I booked a ticket on US to go DCA->PHL->MAN->DUB. The MAN->DUB leg is on Aer Lingus. Last time I had an international transfer my flights were all *A and my bags were checked through to my final destination.
I'm wondering what happens in this situation. Because I booked it as one ticket through US, will they be able to check my bags all the way through to DUB? Or will I need to reclaim my bags at MAN and check them with EI?
Normally I wouldn't be concerned but its going to affect my decision of how much luggage to bring.

Thanks helpful FT'ers
Old Apr 5, 2007, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by stampmypassport
I booked a ticket on US to go DCA->PHL->MAN->DUB. The MAN->DUB leg is on Aer Lingus. Last time I had an international transfer my flights were all *A and my bags were checked through to my final destination.
I'm wondering what happens in this situation. Because I booked it as one ticket through US, will they be able to check my bags all the way through to DUB? Or will I need to reclaim my bags at MAN and check them with EI?
Normally I wouldn't be concerned but its going to affect my decision of how much luggage to bring.

Thanks helpful FT'ers
Fortunately, US has a baggage transfer agreement with Aer Lingus. My only concern is - are these flights on the same ticket? If your MAN-DUB leg has been booked on a separate ticket, EI is not obliged to connect with your bags. It's really up to EI if they're willing to do it. I've done this before and they were fine about it if you show them your connecting flight tickets, but technically it's at EI's discretion - I'd talk to them if I were you.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by warbo
Fortunately, US has a baggage transfer agreement with Aer Lingus. My only concern is - are these flights on the same ticket? If your MAN-DUB leg has been booked on a separate ticket, EI is not obliged to connect with your bags.
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately due to technical difficulties I had no internet while packing this weekend, so just went for it. It was all one ticket, so when I arrived here at the airport to check in, the nice man let me know that my bags would be checked all the way thru to Dublin. So things are happy all around
Now to see if I can sneak my NorthAmerica sized carryon past security at MAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.