Search

Website / Flight Status : not so much.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US PLT, UA 1P
Website / Flight Status : not so much.

So, the wife is on PHX-SFO 415 tonight.

415 from TPA was a little delayed, but apparently landed about 7pm ish. Still time to turn the AC and get out almost on-time.

I checked the Flight Status section of the website and it states a depature time of 7:41. Ok so not so late . . . excellent

BUT wait!!!! my wife calls me about 8pm and says she is still looking at the gate!!! I'm like, well according to the website you are 20 minutes into the trip . . . I then looked at flightaware and it still showed the TPA segment as arrived and no mention of the SFO segment . . .

The best part is the website shows a 10:15 arrival . . . so a normally 1:45 flight time is now a 2:30 flight time. . . Checking flightaware once again, looks like the plane actually left about 8:30.

The Moral of my Story:
The usairways.com Flight Status info appears to be unreliable.
The arrival time is correct . . . but is it really??? Anyway, those of you that use that Flight Status section on the website beware . . . the information therein is clearly subjective, and inaccurate.

The Aftermath of the delay:
I get to pick up "cranky wife" from SFO, and go to late dinner with said "cranky wife" . . . "Cranky wife" not as much fun as "Excited to be in San Fran with the hubby wife" . . . especially at meal time.

Thanks US/HP! or whoever made the plane late . . . can't you people stick to 2 carryons!!!!!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
So your wife is super upset because she was delayed by 45minutes?

A lot worse can happen.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.