Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The CP Desk - Still a class act

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 8:32 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Thumbs up The CP Desk - Still a class act

As much as I b*tch and moan, I gotta say, the only reason I'm still with US Airways is the CP desk.

My sister was in a terrible bind tonight and an agent in Manila had made it worse. She called me frantic, and I conferenced her to a WONDERFUL woman at the CP desk. She spent 90 minutes on the phone with the two of us, and my sister is now completely ticketed and very satisfied. Her family's return trip is ready to go (it got messed up at the last second thanks to a *A partner cancelling the flight).

I gotta say - thank you to the CP desk. ^ I really hope US Airways realizes the quality of character and employee that they have in Winston-Salem.

True professionalism, character and class - that's the best way I can describe this angel tonight.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
...I gotta say - thank you to the CP desk. ^ ...True professionalism, character and class...
Amen. They've really spoilt me over the years with excellent service. I know they're not having an easy time with QIK/SHARES these days, but they keep trying hard and I'm grateful.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 5:42 am

That is the only thing I truly miss about US. The preferred desk at Delta is not as good.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Congratulations on your 1,000th post, safetymom, and thanks for all you do for us as a Mod ^
Old Apr 7, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: US1
Safetymom,

How are they not as good? Do tell. It will be nice to hear what your experiences have been like in compairson to US's preferred desk.

Originally Posted by safetymom
That is the only thing I truly miss about US. The preferred desk at Delta is not as good.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 11:27 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I, too, am grateful to be CP again and have access to that desk. The other service which has much improved is online chat. I have used that function about 5-7 times in the last month and it works well, too, once you get an agent. Those agents are obviously trained in Qik/Shares.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 12:31 pm

I think that the chat agents are in Manilla but since they can better understand written English over spoken English they seem to be more competent in their job.

Dan
Old Apr 7, 2007, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dan1431
I think that the chat agents are in Manilla but since they can better understand written English over spoken English they seem to be more competent in their job.

Dan
The agents are West agents based in the United States in either their Reno or Phoenix call centers.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Yes, the CP desk makes a world of difference, especially in these times of the SHARES fiasco when coherency is sometimes lost and the customer cast adrift. The CP folks remain reliable and helpful throughout the "dark ages" at Tempe.

Barry
Old Apr 7, 2007, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by mrhotelman
The agents are West agents based in the United States in either their Reno or Phoenix call centers.
I agree. Unless they are giving them all fake "American" names, they appear to be US-based/West-based, as Shares seems to give them no troubles at all.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis President; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
As much as I b*tch and moan, I gotta say, the only reason I'm still with US Airways is the CP desk.

My sister was in a terrible bind tonight and an agent in Manila had made it worse. She called me frantic, and I conferenced her to a WONDERFUL woman at the CP desk. She spent 90 minutes on the phone with the two of us, and my sister is now completely ticketed and very satisfied. Her family's return trip is ready to go (it got messed up at the last second thanks to a *A partner cancelling the flight).

I gotta say - thank you to the CP desk. ^ I really hope US Airways realizes the quality of character and employee that they have in Winston-Salem.

True professionalism, character and class - that's the best way I can describe this angel tonight.
90 minutes on the phone with anyone is unacceptable, yes I am disgusted with the overall service of US. The only thing the CP desk does for me now is tell me my name and that is only occasional Because of Qik/Shares they are as clueless as the rest. IMO
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:02 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by EddieG
90 minutes on the phone with anyone is unacceptable, yes I am disgusted with the overall service of US. The only thing the CP desk does for me now is tell me my name and that is only occasional Because of Qik/Shares they are as clueless as the rest. IMO
The CP agent spent 90 minutes trying every combination of *A airlines to get my sister, her husband, her two kids, and her mother-in-law's return trip from a LONG planned trip to Europe re-established after her booked/confirmed award flight was cancelled.

This is for July travel mind you. Peak travel to Europe. Barcelona. All on saver (50K) tickets. That's 5 seats on the same planes for July travel on saver seats to Europe booked in April. Does this start to ring a bell? Does it even seem possible? The agent made it happen - and she made it happen on SHARES.

Don't scorn the effort of the agent or the time it took because you happen to dislike the airline and have no familiarity with the exact situation involved.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by me4yankees
I agree. Unless they are giving them all fake "American" names, they appear to be US-based/West-based, as Shares seems to give them no troubles at all.
None of them have the fake names. Being a old West customer, I have actually come to know many of these agents after having dealt with them time and time again over the years. So I know for a fact that they are not overseas.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 7:01 am

The Delta desk seems very curt. I will call and ask about upgrades and they quote the policy. When you get to the preferred level you usually know the policy. I want them to take a look at the PNR and tell me if first is sold out,etc. With Delta at least the ones I have dealt with don't want to do that.

With that said I find my flights and dealings with Delta have been better. I do have an upcoming flight on US so of course I will be comparing.

Thanks for the congrats on my 1000th post.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by safetymom
The Delta desk seems very curt. I will call and ask about upgrades and they quote the policy. When you get to the preferred level you usually know the policy. I want them to take a look at the PNR and tell me if first is sold out,etc. With Delta at least the ones I have dealt with don't want to do that.

With that said I find my flights and dealings with Delta have been better. I do have an upcoming flight on US so of course I will be comparing.

Thanks for the congrats on my 1000th post.
I agree with mom here at the lower levels. I noticed I diference when I became a PLT, but they were still not the CP desk. Delta has another service desk that is smaller and works with the EP's. These folks are as good or better than the CP desk, but you have to spend big bucks to have access to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.