cost per available seat mile (CASM). However, our March year-over-year
consolidated (mainline and Express) PRASM was up over the same period last
year. Despite the disruption, we still project a slight profit (excluding
special items) for the first quarter.

America West and US Airways report combined operational performance to
the Department of Transportation. For the month of March 2007, the combined
domestic on-time performance was 55.5 percent with a completion factor of
97.1 percent.

55.5% on-time performance is not too bad. And I always love the standard "special items" comment.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by planeluvr
Code:
America West and US Airways report combined operational performance to
the Department of Transportation. For the month of March 2007, the combined
domestic on-time performance was 55.5 percent with a completion factor of
97.1 percent.

55.5% on-time performance is not too bad. And I always love the standard "special items" comment.
55.5% is a whitewashed lie in and of itself, since it's "combined operational performance." OK, they "report" combined stats, but until such time as the certificates merge, they also compile results separately and they're collected separately. It's unlikely West was any worse than 65% or so, and they run about half as many mainline flights as East. That puts East somewhere nearer 50%, probably below or they would have reported it prominently.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by martin33
55.5% is a whitewashed lie in and of itself, since it's "combined operational performance." OK, they "report" combined stats, but until such time as the certificates merge, they also compile results separately and they're collected separately. It's unlikely West was any worse than 65% or so, and they run about half as many mainline flights as East. That puts East somewhere nearer 50%, probably below or they would have reported it prominently.

I was thinking the same thing. The West operation most likely performed quite well, as it normally does. Without the West numbers included, the East operation, as you point out, likely ran at less than 50%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.