Wiki Posts
Search

Redeeming miles for SQ flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
Redeeming miles for SQ flights

I finally got through to a representative on the US international award booking desk and was able to inquire about availability for flights on SQ for travel between SIN and DPS (Bali, Indonesia). While there was availability, I was surprised when she said I would need 60k miles for a business class ticket, 40k miles for a coach ticket, which is clearly not what the Star Alliance chart on their website for travel within "South & Central Asia" would cost (30k and 20k respectively).

Was the agent incorrect in the amount she quoted me, or are there different and higher mileage requirements to redeem my US miles on SQ? Anyone have any experience with a similar trip they can share?
Old Apr 6, 2007, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by dyung
I finally got through to a representative on the US international award booking desk and was able to inquire about availability for flights on SQ for travel between SIN and DPS (Bali, Indonesia). While there was availability, I was surprised when she said I would need 60k miles for a business class ticket, 40k miles for a coach ticket, which is clearly not what the Star Alliance chart on their website for travel within "South & Central Asia" would cost (30k and 20k respectively).

Was the agent incorrect in the amount she quoted me, or are there different and higher mileage requirements to redeem my US miles on SQ? Anyone have any experience with a similar trip they can share?
The agent was definitely incorrect. It is 20K economy or 30K business RT within South Asia.....then again..... have these agents received their geography training yet....or been issued a Globe???
I would call back and just try, try again...Good Luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.