Wiki Posts
Search

PHL layover

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: United - 1 K ;HILTON DIAMOND
PHL layover

I have a 4 hour layover in PHL, is there a fitnes center on airport property? I know there is a mall type area, is that any good?
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by HOU-Tee
I have a 4 hour layover in PHL, is there a fitnes center on airport property? I know there is a mall type area, is that any good?
the shopping area between terminals B/C is decent and there are some ok food choices. No idea about a gym (don't usually think about such things when at an airport) unless you could try and sneak into the one at the Marriot. If you think you have enough time and want to leave the secure area, the train to Center City (downtown) Philly only takes about 20-25 minutes.
Have fun.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by HOU-Tee
I don't know of any fitness centers but if you would like to stay active within the secure area try the following: Take a walk from D Terminal (UA) all the way to the new A-West terminal. Browse the duty free shops, check out the wine bistro, take the escalator up to the US Airways Envoy lounge in A-West and just relax in one of the rocking chairs overlooking the runways (you do not have to enter the lounge). Then grab some sushi or a Philly cheese steak and head to your gate....have fun.
As much as I do not like PHL as my hometown airport because of ATC issues, scheduling and certainly a healthy dose of attitude, I actually enjoy the new and updated terminals and taking walks through them while waiting for my two hour delayed US flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.