Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GoEnvoy Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
GoEnvoy Upgrades

I am going to buy a GoEnvoy Upgrade for an award (PHL-FRA-TLV RT) ticket. I believe it does not apply on the FRA-TLV-FRA portion which is operated by LH. However, does the upgrade apply on the way back, FRA-PHL?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:44 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by photog72
I am going to buy a GoEnvoy Upgrade for an award (PHL-FRA-TLV RT) ticket. However, does the upgrade apply on the way back, FRA-PHL?

GoEnvoy upgrade is one way on US metal.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
The T&Cs for GoUpgrades state in part,
...Upgrades are available for purchase on flights for which a customer holds a confirmed, paid ticket.

GoEnvoy on an award tix is not technically allowed. Who knows, though, ... they always seem kinda hungry for money and $500 each way may be too good to turn down
Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. I have read somewhere that there are others who have bought GoEnvoy u/gs on award tix. I don't expect it to be a problem, especially since US is so hungry for money. I will only purchase a O/W GoEnvoy U/G to FRA. I need to u/g 2 people (my gf and myself).
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:15 pm

Thanks for the tips. I have read somewhere that there are others who have bought GoEnvoy u/gs on award tix.
I bought a $500.00 GoEnvoy on an award ticket.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by kudzu
The T&Cs for GoUpgrades state in part,
...Upgrades are available for purchase on flights for which a customer holds a confirmed, paid ticket.

GoEnvoy on an award tix is not technically allowed. Who knows, though, ... they always seem kinda hungry for money and $500 each way may be too good to turn down
GoEnvoy upgrades are available to anyone, award tickets or otherwise. If you have the cash, you get the seat! They are charged per flight segment. An award booking IS a confirmed, paid ticket, so you are eligible.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Well, I called the Gold line and they told me since I had paper award tix that I had to go to the airport to buy the u/g. So, I went down to PHL and everything was fine. I was told we had 2A and 2B. Well, I go online and check to make sure things are fine and nope... we are in 2A and 2G!!! So, I call the Gold line again, and ask that they place us together. He says he cannot because all of Envoy is full. Why couldn't the TA tell me that at the airport??!?! My only hope is that I can ask the person in 2B to switch to 2G. Or, vice versa. So, I was lied to at the front lines. After dropping $1K on a GoEnvoy I feel like some honestly would be the least I would have to worry about. I guess some T/As are just taking their cues from "leadership" in the Sand Castle.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:45 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I was told we had 2A and 2B. Well, I go online and check to make sure things are fine and nope... we are in 2A and 2G!!!
It's entirely possible you were moved after the initial assignments. Were you both on the same reservation/PNR, or were they seperate? If the whole cabin is really full, I doubt you'll have a problem getting another aisle person to swap, assuming they wouldn't be seperated from their companion.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
-Quick question on the Go envoy sales-- Anyone know if I can use a US flight credit to purchase? After this past weekends weather issues I have a coule of credits for future flights.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHL
It's entirely possible you were moved after the initial assignments. Were you both on the same reservation/PNR, or were they seperate? If the whole cabin is really full, I doubt you'll have a problem getting another aisle person to swap, assuming they wouldn't be seperated from their companion.
Yes, we are and have been on the same PNR. If I am seated in 2A, another person would be solo in 2B. So, I don't see a problem swapping seats. I hope that person doesn't either. Why would our seats be moved apart AFTER I upgraded? Doesn't make sense.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by RMINIONE
-Quick question on the Go envoy sales-- Anyone know if I can use a US flight credit to purchase? After this past weekends weather issues I have a coule of credits for future flights.
I'm afraid not. GoEnvoy upgrades are available by credit card only ($500)through Res, or by cash only on day of departure for the same price. Flight credits are only for money off a future reservation.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Are seats 1A and 1B lie flat seats? Apparently, somehow, we've been moved to these seats. I am not going to complain if 1A and 1B are the lie flats.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 7:21 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
Are seats 1A and 1B lie flat seats? Apparently, somehow, we've been moved to these seats. I am not going to complain if 1A and 1B are the lie flats.
yes - they are supposed to charge another $300 for those (on top of the $500) - they call it GoSleeper. Keep your fingers crossed that they keep you in those seats (and that the seats are not malfunctioning).
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RDU-Man
yes - they are supposed to charge another $300 for those (on top of the $500) - they call it GoSleeper. Keep your fingers crossed that they keep you in those seats (and that the seats are not malfunctioning).
Fingers and toes are crossed! Thanks for the (hopefully) good news.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:24 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
don't count your chickens yet

Originally Posted by RDU-Man
I forgot to clarify - the GoSleeper option is only on the A330s - if you are on a 767 you'll be in a regular Envoy seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.