Community
Wiki Posts
Search

miles no good, and fares too high?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2007, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by njvj
I am trying to book award travel for 2 people from GSO to LAS, June 15 to 18. I am willing to look at +/- a day, or leaving from RDU or CLT . No seats at 25k. ...
Website is presently showing June 15-18 availability in FC for 2 pax RDU/CLT to LAS at the FC Saver level (25k each way).

Now, whether you want to part with an extra 25k Miles each for confirmed FC seats roundtrip is another matter
Old Apr 8, 2007, 4:24 pm

We just flew to Las Vegas with 3 award tix (on 3/30). I booked 330 days in advance for 25K, although that was almost a year ago. We were not able to secure return seats - so we flew home through Phoenix. We paid for the 4th seat - $430, which I also think is extremely high for "low cost carrier". I know it's a holiday weekend and all, but still.

I also agree that LV is not a family destination. That said, we flew into there with my 2 kids and spent 1/2 day (the day of arrival) walking around with them (doing the rollercoaster at NYNY, etc). and we walked around a bit the AM of the 2nd day, but then we left. Las Vegas is a great starting point to explore the red rock canyons of Zion, Bryce, and then down to Page, Sedona, etc.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 6:23 pm

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jerseyfinn
. . . For my part, when I'm in Vegas I look around and can't imagine taking my kids there. For what?!?! I can think of perhaps 100 places far better suited for a family vacation. Can't you? . . .
Anyone who considers LAS a family spot would quickly change their mind after an hour in US's FC queue with kids in tow at McCarran (or 2+ hours in the regular line) while waiting to check bags for a redeye back East!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.