Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US/HP has a total of 4 different 757 Configurations?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
US/HP has a total of 4 different 757 Configurations?

Just out of curiosity.... I believe that US/HP has over 4 different 757 configurations. Can someone else confirm?

Does anyone know how many of each configuration there are? Any tail numbers? Does anyone know when the configurations will be standardized? And, to what standard?

Configuration #1 (Legacy HP)
  • 14 First Class seats
  • Coach begins at Row 5
  • Seats 8DEF do not exist
  • Exit row at Row 27
  • Seats 35DEF do not exist
  • Last row is 35

Configuration #2 (Legacy HP)
  • 14 First Class seats
  • Coach beings at Row 5
  • Seats 8DEF do exist (mid-cabin lavatory is removed)
  • Exit row at Row 27
  • Seats 35DEF do not exist
  • Last row is 35

Configuration #3 (Legacy US)
  • 8 First Class seats
  • Coach begins at Row 3
  • Seats 7ABC do not exist
  • Exit row at Row 26
  • Last row is Row 34

Configuration #4 (Former ATA)
  • 8 First Class seats
  • Coach beings at Row 3
  • Seats 7ABC do not exist
  • No exit row at Row 26
  • Last row is Row 34
Old Apr 4, 2007, 9:08 pm

Programs: None
Temporarily, there are 5 configurations but it will drop down to 4 again once all the East ETOPS 757's are converted to the new Envoy configuration - I think it's supposed to be completed by June. Then the two East configurations will be 8F/C for non-ETOPS 757's and 12 Envoy for ETOPS 757's.

Jim
Old Apr 4, 2007, 9:12 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Are all of the "Config 4 (Former ATA)" aircraft being converted for Envoy service?

This post really serves to highlight the utter confusion passengers must face when trying to secure "good" (or consistent) seats on a 757. It would seem in the long run to be cheaper and easier to standardize on one or at most two configurations...

Oh well, one can dream, right?
Old Apr 4, 2007, 9:36 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by vysean
Are all of the "Config 4 (Former ATA)" aircraft being converted for Envoy service?
That's my understanding - there'll be 7 East ETOPS 757's including the ex-ATA ones, all with 12 Envoy once the reconfiguration is complete.

While a single 757 configuration would be nice, I suspect that it's too much to hope for that they would put Envoy in all of them. But 2 basic configurations would be nice - 12 Envoy in the ETOPS versions and 12 or 14 domestic F/C in the rest.

Once the certificates/CBA's are combined, it's entirely possible that an Envoy equipped 757 might be needed for HI service in a crunch or a non-Envoy equipped 757 might end up going to Europe in a crunch.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:28 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
That's my understanding - there'll be 7 East ETOPS 757's including the ex-ATA ones, all with 12 Envoy once the reconfiguration is complete.

While a single 757 configuration would be nice, I suspect that it's too much to hope for that they would put Envoy in all of them. But 2 basic configurations would be nice - 12 Envoy in the ETOPS versions and 12 or 14 domestic F/C in the rest.

Once the certificates/CBA's are combined, it's entirely possible that an Envoy equipped 757 might be needed for HI service in a crunch or a non-Envoy equipped 757 might end up going to Europe in a crunch.
(emphasis mine)

It would be considered a fairly decent upgrade I suppose to get Envoy to Hawaii, even if it was only the seat (kinda like flying to SJU now). Conversely, I would be extremely upset if I paid $3000 to fly to Europe and got a 34-36" pitch pen-marked domestic F seat with no power and no decent IFE. I wonder what they would do in the downgrade situation?

Two configs would be quite a bit more convenient. ^

At any rate thanks, BoeingBoy, for the info!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 7:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
Updating the east 757's to 14F to match the West would've been a nice bone to throw us amongst the decrease in F seats on the A320, A321 and A330. It would've also fit in with their "fleet standardization" excuse for downgrading the East A320's, but this time in a way that benefits FF's. In my mind it would "rationalize" the number of F seats across the board. 8F in the East 757 guarantees I don't fly them...I'll take a United flight instead

This seems to make good sense to me:
12F A319 A320 733 734 757 Intl Envoy
14F 757 Domestic
16F A321
24F 767 Envoy
30F A333 Envoy

Sean
Old Apr 5, 2007, 7:59 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by stiphy
Updating the east 757's to 14F to match the West would've been a nice bone to throw us amongst the decrease in F seats on the A320, A321 and A330. It would've also fit in with their "fleet standardization" excuse for downgrading the East A320's, but this time in a way that benefits FF's. In my mind it would "rationalize" the number of F seats across the board. 8F in the East 757 guarantees I don't fly them...I'll take a United flight instead

This seems to make good sense to me:
12F A319 A320 733 734 757 Intl Envoy
14F 757 Domestic
16F A321
24F 767 Envoy
30F A333 Envoy

Sean
Aren't 8F East 757s generally run to the same places as TED?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:23 am

Updating the east 757's to 14F to match the West would've been a nice bone to throw us
it would be a backdating in some ways. the West 757's have a constraining 36" pitch, barely enough to use the tray table.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 4:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
8F East planes are run all over the Caribbean and to LAS so you are somewhat correct about them being "Ted" like. That said, one reason I don't use United as my primary carrier is Ted. Also, if they are taking the A321's off the transcon routes (which they've said they will do) the 757's will likely replace them in that role no? If so they will need more than 8F.

I didn't realize the west 75's were that bad as I've never been on one...but will be DCA-
PHX next Saturday so I guess I'll find out!

Not that the 8F East 757's are very comfortable themselves.

Sean
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:09 am

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Why dont they try to take the lead in HI service with true Envoy in the 757? US is the last airline I would choose to HI...
Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:33 am

Programs: US-CP
{snip} taking the A321's off the transcon routes (which they've said they will do) {snip}
Not to be thick, but they're taking the 321s off transcon?? I've missed this news. What are they to be used for if not long haul domestic?

Thanks in advance..
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:31 am

but will be DCA-PHX next Saturday so I guess I'll find out!
I've done 2 round-trips in the past year, in Y though - my biggest complaint is that the seats are really worn, it's almost like you're sitting on the metal frame. The seat cushions are really thin, and definitely have "butt-shape"....
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Karen_123987
Not to be thick, but they're taking the 321s off transcon?? I've missed this news. What are they to be used for if not long haul domestic?
high-density pushes through the hubs, evidently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.