Search

It's been a while

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2007, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
It's been a while

Hi all. I got a new job last month that doesn't require the traveling I had to do so, unfortunately not by my choice! and anyway, yesterday I flew US phx-phl-bos, then Thursday I'm on the nonstop 6 PM back to Phoenix. Anyway, yesterday on the Phx outbound I was on the 321 but only got upgraded at the gate at the last minute. I've never had a problem on the 321 before! Only my phl-bos leg cleared 7 days out. Never got upgraded on the upcoming flight back to Phoenix on Thursday. All seats sold out she says. Fine it is what it is. So I ask to please be put on a standby list for F. "Sorry as of March 3rd we no longer do that" Apparently I've been out of it and should have not negleted Flyertalk for so long! Oh man Thursday's going to be a loooong day.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Good to see ya posting here again

Your gate upgrade PHX-PHL (and not before) may be due to the new rules - advance upgrades based on status, and 2007 EQMs to date (as opposed to HP's previous prior 12-month rolling activity)...you mentioned you haven't been flying much these days, and it appears there are lots of other CPs on PHX-PHL runs...

Your return 6pm nonstop BOS-PHX on Thu shows F0, so no seats left for sale. "Never say never" as a CP, though (I've received emails notifying me of upgrade 2 days prior on F0 flight, and also because of "no-shows"....your flight leaves BOS during rush hour traffic, and that increases the chances of a confirmed F pax being stuck in traffic!!) The HP luck-of-the-day system appears to still work for those diligent enough to call daily post-window to check on upgrade availability.

Standy list - only at OLCI or airport check-in. Note that on day of departure, it's status + check-in time (no mention of 2007 EQMs to date). From the website,

*To be placed on the standby list select 'Add to standby list' during Web Check-in. This option will display only if all passengers in your reservation have Preferred status. If you are traveling with a companion, you can request for you and your companion to be placed on the standby list at the airport.

Preferred upgrade priority day of departure
If we are unable to confirm an upgrade seat for you prior to departure, you may request an upgrade when you check in.
Once check-in for a flight has begun, priority will be based upon Preferred level and then upon earliest check-in.
Please advise the gate agent at the airport if you're traveling with a companion.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by kudzu
Good to see ya posting here again

Your gate upgrade PHX-PHL (and not before) may be due to the new rules - advance upgrades based on status, and 2007 EQMs to date (as opposed to HP's previous prior 12-month rolling activity)...you mentioned you haven't been flying much these days, and it appears there are lots of other CPs on PHX-PHL runs...

Your return 6pm nonstop BOS-PHX on Thu shows F0, so no seats left for sale. "Never say never" as a CP, though (I've received emails notifying me of upgrade 2 days prior on F0 flight, and also because of "no-shows"....your flight leaves BOS during rush hour traffic, and that increases the chances of a confirmed F pax being stuck in traffic!!) The HP luck-of-the-day system appears to still work for those diligent enough to call daily post-window to check on upgrade availability.

Standy list - only at OLCI or airport check-in. Note that on day of departure, it's status + check-in time (no mention of 2007 EQMs to date). From the website,

*To be placed on the standby list select 'Add to standby list' during Web Check-in. This option will display only if all passengers in your reservation have Preferred status. If you are traveling with a companion, you can request for you and your companion to be placed on the standby list at the airport.

Preferred upgrade priority day of departure
If we are unable to confirm an upgrade seat for you prior to departure, you may request an upgrade when you check in.
Once check-in for a flight has begun, priority will be based upon Preferred level and then upon earliest check-in.
Please advise the gate agent at the airport if you're traveling with a companion.
I did not have that 'Add to Standby List' option when I checked in a couple of weeks ago, and I was traveling with a Silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.