Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
possible IFE upgrade

This was posted on the usaviation forum:
http://www.usaviation.com/forums/ind...howtopic=34474

If US got live TV on planes it would really be a big improvement
Old Mar 27, 2007, 9:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
I think the PHL-TLV comment is interesting although we've heard it before.

I believe that route would do quite well. It's the only *A non-stop from the US to Israel. If they add the new business class seats and this new IFE, it could be a very successful route.

Just don't check any bags.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
So Christ is managing the new IFE project? This should be interesting.

Maybe they can save some money by just installing the US PR magic-8 ball on the seatbacks, which I'm convinced they must be using, to create their "excuse du jour" (what's that you ask, well it's the excuse of the day!).

I can see it now. You board the plane and you sit. And sit. And sit. And there's no announcements from up front. So you give the seat in front of you a little shake and see what pops up:

"We're waiting on connecting passengers" Hey, great, now I'm informed.

So you see a few people get on the plane and you're still sitting there so you shake it again:

"Catering delay" Really, a catering delay? They could have handmade hot pockets in this time, what's taking so long! So you shake it again, and this time ask, "can a business really operate like this?" And you get the answer of:

Outlook hazy, try again later

Fun for the whole family! ^
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Live TV in the 333 would be great but even better in that and the 752's, 321's, and 767's. And maybe just in FC in the other planes. That would def. entice some to buy FC seats.

That would be great to have while sitting on the tarmac in PHL for 8 hours! Especially during Football season!!!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by DWilliamson5002
Live TV in the 333 would be great but even better in that and the 752's, 321's, and 767's. And maybe just in FC in the other planes. That would def. entice some to buy FC seats.

That would be great to have while sitting on the tarmac in PHL for 8 hours! Especially during Football season!!!
Tailgating on the tarmac! Whooooo!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Live TV across the oceans is very hard. Direct tv/dish network is only available across the continental US.

B6 when flying to the carribean relies on movies stored on the IFE hard drives.

As for IFE coming to US. I have known about it for a while but now that Christ has disclosed it I can confirm that it is being worked on. Still to early for a timeline as most of the focus was on other merger related stuff.

Momentum on inflight projects was gone during the merger.

However there is a long list of many things that are finally going to see the light of day.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum; US Gold; DL Silver
Originally Posted by DWilliamson5002

Why buy US first class to get live TV, when JetBlue and Delta offer it everywhere (Delta's busy reconfiguring their fleet as we speak), and Virgin America will give you leather in coach as well as a HUGE IFE?

Got to think *ahead* of the curve, not "let's adopt this now-mainstream technology only in first."

US should be setting the standard. It wasn't that long ago that they did -- remember the Envoy launch? People from Europe went out of their way to fly US, it was so good.

How times have changed. Why not try and recapture that leadership?
Old Mar 27, 2007, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
60 channels of VOD programming on a brand new system would be a good start. The new systems are worlds better than the Passport system on US's 330. I think US should aspire to winning the Avion Award for Best Overall IFE next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.