Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange Online Chat Experience - Should I Be Concerned?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Strange Online Chat Experience - Should I Be Concerned?

Just used online chat to lookup an itinerary that wasn't pulling up on the site.

Took about twenty minutes for the agent to find it, then she had to "contact a supervisor", then a few minutes later she comes back and tells me she's trying to get me an upgrade on the segment.

I was confused because when the ticket was originally booked back in August of 2006, it was confirmed F on the outbound and K (coach) on the return.

She gave me the new itinerary and now it's O on the outbound and S on the return. Seems like I lost out on this particular transaction..

Should I be concerned? I've got the F seat, but I don't think I'll get a CoS bonus, and if there are any issues, I'm now much lower on the totem pole for reaccomodation. And of course, I lost my seat assignments.

Any point in calling to try and fix it? What would I need to prove the original booking class?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sean
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:43 am

Hello Sean...what US won't publicly admit is that in the conversion...they lost some data but the good news is...they are still able to see the fare basis purchased and award you the COS bonus but you will have to call in to rez or revenue management for them to reissue the current class of service.

I myself learned tonight that some glitches do exist due to the conversion...oh well...
Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:10 am

Any proactive gestures for customers who suffered through this week ?

Just curious - has anyone gotten any AUTOMATIC customer relations "bonuses" or compensation for this week of massive delays and cancels ? Does US have a system ala other carriers that automatically "compensates" passengers in irrop situations. I have gotten miles and vouchers from AA when I have had significant non weather delays and cancels - never had to ask , just showed up in my account or mailbox.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Just curious - has anyone gotten any AUTOMATIC customer relations "bonuses" or compensation for this week of massive delays and cancels ? Does US have a system ala other carriers that automatically "compensates" passengers in irrop situations. I have gotten miles and vouchers from AA when I have had significant non weather delays and cancels - never had to ask , just showed up in my account or mailbox.
US does not offer mileage as compensation unlike United Airlines or other legacy carriers in case of irrops.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by usa18dca
Hello Sean...what US won't publicly admit is that in the conversion...they lost some data but the good news is...they are still able to see the fare basis purchased and award you the COS bonus but you will have to call in to rez or revenue management for them to reissue the current class of service.

I myself learned tonight that some glitches do exist due to the conversion...oh well...
Thanks, usa18dca. I was hoping to check it out at the airport in PHX today, but it was a total zoo (spring break? res migration issues still?) so no dice. Will try again tomorrow or before the flight on Friday.

I appreciate your input!

Sean
Old Mar 11, 2007, 9:46 pm

My pleasure, passing on my knowledge as a former ATO.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 9:58 pm

My pleasure, passing on my knowledge as a former ATO.
I think youre back with US Airways? This is great news guys. Although me and Ryan have our differences and bicker at each other here and there, Ryan has helped me alot with reservations and such. And vice versa. He is an asset to FT. So am I. I am making this board quite delightful.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
I think youre back with US Airways? This is great news guys. Although me and Ryan have our differences and bicker at each other here and there, Ryan has helped me alot with reservations and such. And vice versa. He is an asset to FT. So am I. I am making this board quite delightful.
Thanks King-O but I'm not that condescending

Sean, do let us all know how it goes with your itin.

I am not an asset, Warbo...Coach...PhxMama...INTsecrets are the true assets of the US FT community.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:10 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Interesting concept on this thread..

Why doesn't US AIRWAYS give a retroactive credit.??? For everyone flying from that Sunday through last Thursday, all passengers receive 1000 bonus miles per ticket or double miles?? Why not say "We did you wrong, so hey let's give you something to show you are a valued customer." Why not? Because US Airways is not Jet Blue and can care less about us...

They do not understand reality, they just see their fantasy world...

I would love to see the first month on one certificate (one US AIRWAYS) they would offer double miles... why not do something to get people excited.. sigh...
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:59 am

Exactly ......

Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
Interesting concept on this thread..

Why doesn't US AIRWAYS give a retroactive credit.??? For everyone flying from that Sunday through last Thursday, all passengers receive 1000 bonus miles per ticket or double miles?? Why not say "We did you wrong, so hey let's give you something to show you are a valued customer." Why not? Because US Airways is not Jet Blue and can care less about us...

They do not understand reality, they just see their fantasy world...

I would love to see the first month on one certificate (one US AIRWAYS) they would offer double miles... why not do something to get people excited.. sigh...
I had wanted to start a new thread but hit reply ....so my response is a little out of place. Give everyone 2000 elite qualifying miles and most will forget what happened !
Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again for the info, usa18dca! Turns out it showed all the way through as an "O" fare (upgrade) on the BP, online, etc., but I still got the CoS bonus... ^

Who knows, another mystery of the sandcastle's technology empire...
Old Apr 5, 2007, 9:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
As I've posted in some other threads, I've had some great luck with the agents at the city ticket office at the US HQ in Tempe. Since you're in AZ, you may want to plan some extra time the next time you're in the PHX area and swing by there and ask one of them to take a look at your issue.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 5:28 pm

Programs: Ex-US GP
Thanks King-O but I'm not that condescending

I am not an asset, Warbo...Coach...PhxMama...INTsecrets are the true assets of the US FT community.
Hey man, don't forget Flight 62, GalleyWench and BoeingBoy!
Kendall
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Kendall
Kendall
Of course not...was making a valid point

as for Sean...My YYC-PHX was booked in F too...kind of interesting considering I purchased that as a QUP fare
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:10 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by Kendall
Kendall
Hey kendall

Layovers in SFO all month. IM me when you are home or when traveling. Cocktail or coffee...makes no diff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.