FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Report your problems from reservation systems migration here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/667107-report-your-problems-reservation-systems-migration-here.html)

USEast1 Mar 4, 2007 1:07 pm

maybe that is the number right to Tempe that everyone wants... enlighten us!

good luck to all US employees and travelers during these upcoming days. nothing for me until next weekend.

GoinSki Mar 4, 2007 1:41 pm

I know I posted this already in the thread, but does anyone know is the US Shuttle will get a full version of Shares, or Shares-Light? I know someone had written that the Shuttle had a different version of Sabre. I just found it interesting that the Shuttle let me choose my seat today for my flight this evening from LGA to DCA.

Also, this article is now updated, with a photo. CLT is not the place to be right now.

http://www.charlotte.com/209/story/39917.html

http://www.charlotte.com/217/story/39964.html

cessnadriver Mar 4, 2007 1:51 pm

Hopefully it's just a matter of the kiosks being down at some stations. I'm really trying to be optimistic and think that everything will be better tomorrow. But perhaps that's just wishful thinking....

Nicksta Mar 4, 2007 2:08 pm

When I got to usairways.com, I get an error message. If I go to usairways.com/awa (the usual re-direct) it works. Anyone else having an issue, or is it my browser?

cessnadriver Mar 4, 2007 2:12 pm

Nope, works fine for me. I would suggest clearing your browser's cache and cookies. Also try flushing your dns cache or a reboot.

Greg P. Mar 4, 2007 2:13 pm

I forgot that the merge was happening today. I went on the web site this morning and bought a ticket for PHL>LAX for March 11th. The transaction seemed to go fine. No confirmation email though. I'll have to watch this one.

My real concern now is that tomorrow (Monday) I'm flying US from PHL to ORD at 3:40 PM.

How early do you guys think I should get to PHL tomorrow?

Should I try OLCI? I don't usually do OLCI when I am checking bags (I have no choice, I have to check a bag tomorrow). Any other good advice for PHL tomorrow?

steves Mar 4, 2007 2:30 pm

I am trying to book a flight from BOS-LAS in november or December - $1408 every day of the week - from BDL also - the whole month - when everyone else is $3-400 - even midweek on the slow weeks. I guess I'll go with United to get the miles - but could this be related to the computer system changes???

iahphx Mar 4, 2007 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Greg P. (Post 7338439)
How early do you guys think I should get to PHL tomorrow?

Obviously, it's too early to know yet. Check back tomorrow morning to see what's going on.

This story suggests the entire problem at the airport is that the check-in kiosks aren't working, and that they've therefore been overwhelmed at the counters with extra customers. So does that mean if you did on-line check-in you'd be fine? I'm skeptical, but that seems to be the initial report.

What doesn't make sense from these reports is that I heard they were massively overstaffing the airports today to handle just this type of scenario. So why isn't the extra staff adequate?

And why is US relying on the media to explain the situation, instead of providing that information (no doubt more reliably) themselves? Surely they have the PR people in place today. For example, it would seem like a very good idea to have the website tell folks to utilize online check-in due to the lines at the airport.

Seems to me that with a little extra PR effort, US could be doing a lot better today.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070304/us_ai...lays.html?.v=5

gleff Mar 4, 2007 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 7336670)
At FLL now, lines wrap around the airport in three sections, anyone who doesn't checkin online or without access to priority lines should plan to wait an hour for checkin (though I do see folks getting pulled out of line due to impending flights). Security lines not an issue, at least at the moment. My 10:55am still showing on time departure.

We were ultimately delayed ~ 45 minutes. At our scheduled departure time the plane was only about a third full. We waited for pax... and waited.. and the pilot made three rather sarcastic announcements about waiting due to the new res system which there wasn't enough training on.

US AIRWAYS FAN Mar 4, 2007 3:00 pm

Just called the CP line again. It is now asking for my DM#. The wait was 30 seconds this time. I had to give my DM# again once the agent answered the phone.

She said since I am flying out of DCA tomorrow...and even since I am in 1st class. She said to be on the safe side of things for me to get to the airport at a min of 3 hours before my flight. She said many people missed flights today and that there will be a domino effect for tomorrow. If you are already checked in via OLCI then use sky cab if you can (if you need to check luggage).

bigred93 Mar 4, 2007 3:32 pm

What's especially frustrating is how in-the-know you had to be to be aware that the cutover was today... I heard about it from a gate agent a few days ago, and that was my advance warning. The USAir website still doesn't admit that their system problems are what's causing the delays.

If there had been some warning, then people could have had the opportunity to make other plans - get to the airport really early if they absolutely had to fly (ie the folks going on that cruise) - or to make other plans if they wanted to. Or, come to the airport the usual 60 minutes ahead and take a chance. Without any warning, everyone was stuck in the same boat. Why? Because USAir didn't want to admit for some reason that their system work might not be good?

If IAHPHX is correct and no airline has ever cut over res systems without problems, then why on earth did USAir think that they would be the first ones ever to do it cleanly? Especially with their website problems.

Once again, I think it's pretty clear that this is the behavior of a company that doesn't care much about its customers. I think there's no other conclusion given their behavior this weekend. It's really a shame.

murphy Mar 4, 2007 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 7338598)
We were ultimately delayed ~ 45 minutes. At our scheduled departure time the plane was only about a third full. We waited for pax... and waited.. and the pilot made three rather sarcastic announcements about waiting due to the new res system which there wasn't enough training on.

That kind of thing makes me so mad. It's just plain unprofessional. If I bad-mouthed my company to clients I'd be fired - and rightly so. When people I work with screw up, I get angry. I may yell at them, or their supervisor. And I'll certainly try to get a process in place to prevent the mistake in the future. What I'll never, ever do is air our dirty laundry to our clients.

I understand the pilots have given a ton back in bankruptcies, and are in the middle of a contentious labor negotiation. That doesn't in any way excuse unprofessional behavior.

murphy Mar 4, 2007 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by bigred93 (Post 7338884)
What's especially frustrating is how in-the-know you had to be to be aware that the cutover was today... I heard about it from a gate agent a few days ago, and that was my advance warning. The USAir website still doesn't admit that their system problems are what's causing the delays.

If there had been some warning, then people could have had the opportunity to make other plans - get to the airport really early if they absolutely had to fly (ie the folks going on that cruise) - or to make other plans if they wanted to. Or, come to the airport the usual 60 minutes ahead and take a chance. Without any warning, everyone was stuck in the same boat. Why? Because USAir didn't want to admit for some reason that their system work might not be good?

If IAHPHX is correct and no airline has ever cut over res systems without problems, then why on earth did USAir think that they would be the first ones ever to do it cleanly? Especially with their website problems.

Once again, I think it's pretty clear that this is the behavior of a company that doesn't care much about its customers. I think there's no other conclusion given their behavior this weekend. It's really a shame.

It really is ridiculous. A big red headline on the website and free rebooking would have done wonders.

martin33 Mar 4, 2007 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles (Post 7337734)
I was at CLT a few hours ago (on Delta for this trip luckily!) and "melt down" is exactly what I was thinking. The airport PA system made the announcement "We apologize for the inconvenience and delays caused by our reservations sytem and heavy loads today. If you have already missed your flight it is unlikely that we will be able to accomodate you on a later flight."

"heavy loads"?! on a random sunday in march, right. the spin just never stops with these folks does it...

belynch Mar 4, 2007 4:06 pm

So the situation from JFK is that there is no situation. 3 ladies working check in desk and I was the only pax.

I made a comment about expecting chaos and they said other than a few delayed flights everything was going fine as far as they could tell.

Looks like I have a couple hours to kill before my flight.

I'm glad things went well from my side and wish everyone else the same.