FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Report your problems from reservation systems migration here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/667107-report-your-problems-reservation-systems-migration-here.html)

LAX1K to AmWest Mar 5, 2007 1:06 am

Originally Posted by PHLJJS (Post 7341170)
One other thing that was odd and I'm a little concerned about was that when I checked my reservation online today it had $417 listed for the price I paid for the trip, but I only paid $208. The credit card was charged the $208 back in December when I booked and has no record of any other US Air charges. I hope things don't get screwed up even more and they try charging me for the higher amount.

Welcome to SHARES.. it does this on the reservation list page... it is strange.. this occurs when you make a change to the ticket and/or change flights.. it seems to double the value.. but only on the summary page.. get in the reservation and it is USUALLY correct.. do not worry about the doubling.. it is one of their "BUGS"..... I think they are all too busy right now ;)

LAX1K to AmWest Mar 5, 2007 1:08 am

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy (Post 7340783)
I've got an even better one - from a special Sunday edition of the daily intra-company newsletter.

US Airways’ Reservation Migration Complete
March 4, 2007

US Airways is pleased to announce that early this morning, the Reservation migration was completed and thus far, by those who have been involved in several other airline migrations, is a resounding success. Drum roll please: The new US SHARES is now up and running!

Jim

JIM, thanks for sharing some amazing spin.. they fail to mention how many of their passengers were severly screwed in CLT... I remember reading about people missing their vacations in Florida.. it really sucks!!!

Wave1 Mar 5, 2007 3:18 am

my experience at PIT on Sunday

I arrived at PIT an hour and fifteen minutes before my 3:10 flight to Charlotte. Since OLCI was not working I new i had to stop at the TKT counter. Coming to the airport I had NO idea that today was the system merge. I merely thought that the website was having problems. Nothing new there for those of us that have been around.

Walked in the main concourse and it was immediate bedlam. The main US non-preferred check in line snaked through the entire rope system, accross the middle entrance of the of the landside terminal, past the ARR/DEP monitors and all the way to the Delta counter. I have never seen the airport like this since it opened.

I went to the preferred line and proceeded to wait an hour until i got to the front only to be told that i would need to rebook as i would not make my flight (which i had realized at some point in line). Normally in a sitiuation where I was that close to missing a flight I would throw myself on the mercy of those in front of me. In this case, almost EVERYBODY was late for their flight or just plain miserable after standing in line for an hour.

Since I was going to LAX, I was able to reroute through Phoenix several hours later. The check-in folks at PIT were very apolgetic and they did have extra staff. The delays were exacerbated by the fact that the agents were still learning the system as they went along. Several supervisors were there to help them, but the staff could simply not handle the mass of humanity that was unable to OLCI.

I ended up on a Phoenix 6:10 flt which left about half an hour late and was about full including others who did not make earlier flights.

Once in Phoenix the problems from the day melted away as the club rep there barely had any idea that there were massive problems back east and the AP seemed to be operating normally.

Anyway, most folks at PIT did take it in stride and there were actually far fewer angry pax than i would've expected.

me4yankees Mar 5, 2007 4:46 am

Originally Posted by username (Post 7341184)
Do they have 3 flavors of the check-in kiosks:

HP?
US?
CUSS?

Are the CUSS the only ones that are not working?

Isn't CUSS the IATA Shared kiosk? http://www.cuss-solutions.com/actors.php I don't travel on US East. The only place I have ever seen a shared kiosk is at YUL.

Why would they have CUSS instead of their own at their largest hub?

Thanks.

I do not know what CUSS means, but the kiosks that did not work are ones that all of the US Airways (East) use. They are specifically for US, not other airlines. I traveled yesterday from EWR-CLT-TRI, all in the East, and all US Airways kiosks were not operational. The only ones I saw working were America West kiosks at EWR (they have a mix of US and HP kiosks there).

Here is a link to a photo of the US Airways kiosks that did not work:
http://www.charlotte.com/images/news..._delays_03.jpg

SpaceBass Mar 5, 2007 5:00 am

I went to check in last night online...wrong routing, right destination....going to airport now with fingers crossed

sdlevi27 Mar 5, 2007 5:07 am

Word from my girlfriend is that LGW's credit card system is down right now, but the check-in system is up.

fishintheobx Mar 5, 2007 5:10 am

7AM ET and hearing that all hell is still breaking loose. Here at ORF, crew came in so late last night they still haven't gotten all the rest. Just about every connection out of here through PHL and CLT is a miss.

iahphx Mar 5, 2007 6:33 am

Originally Posted by fishintheobx (Post 7341859)
7AM ET and hearing that all hell is still breaking loose. Here at ORF, crew came in so late last night they still haven't gotten all the rest. Just about every connection out of here through PHL and CLT is a miss.

The PHL airport arrivals/departures board shows a few flight delays, but certainly no meltdown. It actually only looks a little worse than "normal."

http://www.phl.org/flight_departures.asp

That said, I think I'd rather be flying someone else today. :)

coachrowsey Mar 5, 2007 6:39 am

www.charlotte.com
for the latest on CLT......not good folks.

PSU Mudder Mar 5, 2007 6:43 am

"You are outside the 24 hour to 90 minute window to check in online"

sure, because the timestamp at the bottom of your error message is on Arizona time, and I'm cheking in on Eastern Time. I guess I'll try again at the 22 hour window (which I guess becomes 21 during daylight savings time)

me4yankees Mar 5, 2007 6:54 am

Originally Posted by username (Post 7341184)
Do they have 3 flavors of the check-in kiosks:

HP?
US?
CUSS?

Are the CUSS the only ones that are not working?

Isn't CUSS the IATA Shared kiosk? http://www.cuss-solutions.com/actors.php I don't travel on US East. The only place I have ever seen a shared kiosk is at YUL.

Why would they have CUSS instead of their own at their largest hub?

Thanks.

Kiosks still closed!
http://www.charlotte.com/

RDU-Man Mar 5, 2007 6:55 am

gives you a lot of confidence in this airline, doesn't it?

US Airways officials said Sunday night they still weren’t sure what had caused the problem. “We don’t know,” US Airways President Scott Kirby said. “It’s hard to pin down.”

Kirby added, “We hope – and this isn’t a guarantee – that even if the kiosks aren’t working (today), we can check customers in in a decent amount of time.”

from the Charlotte Observer this morning
Mess at Charlotte/Douglas
continues; kiosks down
Traveling? Arrive early, prepare for wait
by STEVE LYTTLE and NICHOLE BELL

me4yankees Mar 5, 2007 6:57 am

Originally Posted by RDU-Man (Post 7342167)
US Airways officials said Sunday night they still weren’t sure what had caused the problem. “We don’t know,” US Airways President Scott Kirby said. “It’s hard to pin down.”

Kirby added, “We hope – and this isn’t a guarantee – that even if the kiosks aren’t working (today), we can check customers in in a decent amount of time.”

from the Charlotte Observer this morning
Mess at Charlotte/Douglas
continues; kiosks down
Traveling? Arrive early, prepare for wait
by STEVE LYTTLE and NICHOLE BELL

I saw that, too, and thought OMG! WE DON'T KNOW!? :td:

Jumpgate Mar 5, 2007 7:23 am

I'm taking the LGA-BOS shuttle tomorrow morning. I tried OLCI just now and it didn't work ("there is an inconsistency in your reservatoin"). I chatted online with an agent, and two minutes later I was able to check in (a rare ^ ^ for the online chat feature!).

My BP does not have a barcode but it says:

CHAIRMAN

Which makes me happy. :-)

Edited to add: As you all know I am by no means a US Airways apologist, however "not knowing" why something isn't working is EXTREMELY common in the IT world. How many times is there something up with your computer and you have no idea what's causing it? On the other hand, telling the press you "don't know" wasn't too bright.

Fiumicino Mar 5, 2007 7:33 am

date mistake