FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Report your problems from reservation systems migration here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/667107-report-your-problems-reservation-systems-migration-here.html)

DCWolverine Mar 4, 2007 10:36 am

Any predictions for tomorrow??? I'm on the the 3:45 DCA-ATL (Republic flight) tomorrow afternoon, and I'm trying to get a handle on what a mess DCA will be on the first Monday after the migration. I'll be looking forward to all of the reports from folks flying out of PHL, CLT, BOS, LGA, and DCA tomorrow morning...

flywheeler Mar 4, 2007 10:38 am

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 7337109)
What difference does it really make exactly WHY it's screwed up -- they're warning you that it's screwed up. ... It would be like requiring Bennigans to tell me exactly why my sandwich is taking too long to make in the kitchen.

There's a big difference. People have made plans based on a published schedule. The "kitchen" really isn't backed up due to too many customers, but because an event is taking place that required substantial planning and is bound to have glitches.

Look, I want this migration to go well. I am a regular flyer and want as troublefree an experience as possible. I just believe that, just as we expect that a captain will explain a ground delay or other problem, the corporate execs will similarly come out and explain what is going on. What is the big deal? I fully understand what is going on and I am sure those passengers who may have been in the dark when they went to the airport this morning would like an honest explanation. Hopefully, you will be right about having Tempe make amends where necessary. I just wished that Tempe would have taken the initiative to explain what is going on up front -- that would have served themselves well in arguing against a passenger bill of rights. If they don't, I'm afraid a little government pressure wouldn't hurt.

jimcfsus Mar 4, 2007 10:43 am

IMHO, this appears to be the CF that many predicted.

In this article from the CLT Observer it describes the situation from this morning. A snip...

Passengers said they were waiting in lines for more than 2 hours -- and they still hadn't been able to speak with a ticket agent. Around 10:30 a.m., US Airways began encouraging people to go home, saying it was unlikely they would be rebook passengers for later flights.

The problems stems from the airline's switch early this morning to a single reservations system. All of the self-service kiosks in the old US Airways network -- most of the east coast of the U.S. -- were down. Ticket agents are trying to do work that's normally handled by the kiosks.

"We have every IT person working on it," said US Airways spokesman Phil Gee.

Gee said at noon that some kiosks were coming back online. Four are currently working at Charlotte/Douglas.

iahphx Mar 4, 2007 10:50 am

Originally Posted by flywheeler (Post 7337324)
There's a big difference. People have made plans based on a published schedule. The "kitchen" really isn't backed up due to too many customers, but because an event is taking place that required substantial planning and is bound to have glitches.

I actually don't think our views are that far apart on this, as I share your belief that the airline should be doing a better job informing pax what's going on.

That said, I don't think "the government" is a solution to most customer service woes. That certainly applies to the precision required to inform pax of the reason for their delay. The fact that the website says anything about it is a leap from past practices, and better customer service than you're likely to get in most industries. Frankly, the shame one is exposed to from 24-hour media and message boards is probably the single most effective motivator of customer service improvement there is.

BF263533 Mar 4, 2007 10:59 am

Could not pull up reservation on the US Air site, and I guess we can no longer use VirtuallyThere anymore, darn. For a trip US Airways booked, I checked the Singapore Airlines site whch shows my whole trip. The Singapore, ANA and United flights are there, but my two USAirways flights are gone. Checked ANA site, and the ANA flight is still there also.

If the US Airways flights don't come back, I will wait until next week before I call to get them re-instated. Hopefully they will have things cleaned up by next week.

ClueByFour Mar 4, 2007 11:11 am

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 (Post 7336477)
Trying to call CP line just now and noticed 2 things....

1-4 MINUTE wait...unheard of on a Sunday morning

2-No longer did I need to input my CP #...hope this is temporary as if not, and the phone # gets out it will clog up the CP line!

Yeah. I just used it (former chairmans with no tolerance for this kind of crap). It's not prompting for DM numbers.

The good news is that I am in the process of getting where I am going. The bad news is that despite having a BP printed and being at my connection airport (CLT), US seems to believe that I never had an onward reservation to my final destination :mad: . Did I mention I'm holding a BP for the flight?

flywheeler Mar 4, 2007 11:11 am

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 7337371)
I actually don't think our views are that far apart on this, ...
That said, I don't think "the government" is a solution to most customer service woes.

I agree... and I really would rather have the market rather than the government dictate customer service standards. My point is simply if they don't offer responsible customer service, the government will step in as the politics in this case is too juicy to avoid. You are right that the simple posting is better than what we had; I just hope they take it a few steps further so we can get superior customer service.

ClueByFour Mar 4, 2007 11:13 am

Originally Posted by ale4me (Post 7336633)
Good News! ..I just checked in in Phoenix. This board is overreacting (no offense). They have at least double the staff on duty. I didn't have any wait (at least for First class) and there were no lines for coach. The agent had no problem checking me in, even though I had one leg booked on Shares and one on Sabre...

Maybe in PHX, but that's not the only place in the universe (no offense). It also stands to reason that PHX, which was already on shares to begin with should be relatively trouble free.

http://charlotte.com/209/story/39917.html

CLT is melting down. They did tell people to go home. Not to get rebooked. Just go home. Multiple reports of this from folks in the club and you can actually see the lines from inside security.

LPCJr Mar 4, 2007 11:15 am

Reservation is showing as "cancelled"

I bought a ticket for my wife at US ticket counter. Part of the ticket was paid for with an Air Check Plus voucher. I am also ticketed on the same flight on a separate PNR. I had originally called reservations and had the PNR's linked, and got both of us preferred seating.

Anyway, just went in to check the reservations this morning. Mine is ok, with seat assignments still ok.

Wife's reservation shows "Cancelled" - seat assignments are gone. Any ideas on what I should do? Should I call reservations today or should I wait?

phlflyer927 Mar 4, 2007 11:18 am

TPA is pretty backed up today. Kiosks are nonfunctional. My ticket had to be converted from e-Ticket to paper in order to get on the plane. The desk agent advised not to book any more travel for a few days.

Fiumicino Mar 4, 2007 11:19 am

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 7336855)
The AzRepublic reporter assigned the US beat (and who likes to read flyertalk!) is regular updating her blog with the latest. [/url]

I have been quoted twice on that blog this week. :eek:

photog72 Mar 4, 2007 11:20 am

I cannot pull up the PNR for my award travel later this month. It was issued with 037 ticket stock. Thankfully, I have a paper ticket. I wonder if my seats are now not assigned.

me4yankees Mar 4, 2007 11:33 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7230/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Originally Posted by joshua-bwi

Originally Posted by me4yankees (Post 7337225)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7230/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

More info I did not include--new BP style (w/b, no color). My OLCI BPs did not have bar codes, so that is why I checked again here @ EWR.

The OLCI from the Shares system never had bar codes... only on Sabre / East flights.

One other mention:

Called CP Desk to price out a tix from BWI - FLL. Coach quoted by CP desk at over 700.00 R/T, 800.00 for 1st. Res agent suggests calling back later in the week. She also said that she debated coming to work today, but thinks that tomorrow will be MUCH WORSE than today.

Good to know. Have never flown HP until today! :)

Fiumicino Mar 4, 2007 11:34 am

What is pathetic is that they had the experience from the frequent flyer merging fiasco a few months back. Even employees predicted and reported here that it would be such a mess. Even the pilot's union tried to get a restraining order on Thursday to prevent this since US didn't appear ready.

They have no justification and they should have informed customers way before; even allowed a change of date without penalty. Customers are paying again...

MJonTravel Mar 4, 2007 11:36 am

Originally Posted by ClueByFour (Post 7337508)
Maybe in PHX, but that's not the only place in the universe (no offense). It also stands to reason that PHX, which was already on shares to begin with should be relatively trouble free.

http://charlotte.com/209/story/39917.html

CLT is melting down. They did tell people to go home. Not to get rebooked. Just go home. Multiple reports of this from folks in the club and you can actually see the lines from inside security.

This ain't sounding so good. I read through that "scenes from the airport" article. The thought of those folks showing up at 10AM for their 11:25AM flight to FLL to catch their ship at 4pm makes me sad.