Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Members being bumped by US to higher elite levels (Consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Members being bumped by US to higher elite levels (Consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Here is another thought...how many of us that are getting bumped to a higher tier have some sort of BoA US credit/check card. I find the random nature of these comps to be very confusing (though maybe I shouldn't with upgrades in other places as random as they are). Perhaps this is some sort of strage trial or promotion for cardholders??? The only other thing that I can think of is that US is losing so many FF's that they have to find a way to fill the shrinking FC cabins they have, or they might as well scrap them all together!!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, NW Silver, MR Silver, SPG Gold & OpenTable VIP
I'm not a US credit cardholder......
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mlatuchie
US Gold (I think)......
ha...I'm not even bothering with the change just yet...I want the card!!!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Tempe knows how to dilute status like an airport bartender cutting a drink.
It seems so.

I've not seen something so bizarre happen to my account before either. Amazing.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:13 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Not only that, but this stands to piss off the other Star carriers something fierce, as they now have a huge influx of Star Golds.

Unless, of course, Tempe is going to pull that down come 2/28, in which case I'd wait for the fireworks to begin.....
Old Feb 2, 2007, 9:26 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
anyone else remember Feb 05?

Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Unless, of course, Tempe is going to pull that down come 2/28, in which case I'd wait for the fireworks to begin.....
Late Feb 05, I was expecting to be Silver. I had even done a MR in December of 04 to make Silver (this when things were looking bleak in bankruptcy). Then on Feb 24 I (and many others) got an email that said we were now Gold for 05.
Then, the next day, we got another email that said "Please disregard the prior e-mail sent regarding your Dividend Miles Preferred status. Below is the correct information about your Dividend Miles account. We apologize for any confusion it may have caused and have credited you 1,000 bonus miles for the inconvenience.
We are truly sorry that you haven't been able to fly us enough to maintain your status as a Gold Preferred member. As a Silver Preferred member, you will be rewarded with a host of exclusive benefits to make your experience on US Airways and our partners comfortable, convenient and rewarding."

They eventually relented and put me back to Gold. I kept flying and made CP in fall of 05.

So - with a track record of email and website screw-ups, you gotta wonder when the next shoe will drop
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:00 am

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Dupe message
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
I got the bump in status from Silver to Gold also. Last year I was no where near close to requaling with only about 10k miles flown. OTOH in January I did IAD-LHR-IAD on UA and have a trip to FL booked next weekend. I just hope I keep Gold long enough for my March trip to SIN on SQ JFK-FRA-SIN; lounge access would be a wonderful thing. ^

Anyone think of calling US and asking what is going on; or are we all too afraid to look a gift horse in the mouth?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:11 am
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by GWU ESIA STUDENT
Anyone think of calling US and asking what is going on; or are we all too afraid to look a gift horse in the mouth?
NO WAY am I calling about this...
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: UA
Maybe they are bumping status of those that have either been inconvenienced by 2+ hours luggage delays on several occasions or experienced bad services on one of their transatlantic flights; that would explain why most ppl are getting the status upgrade.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, NW Silver, MR Silver, SPG Gold & OpenTable VIP
the only way I'd call is if i LOSE status and go back to a silver, not before that.

i need to track down the gold elite number now....can someone PM it to me?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: US Gold
Originally Posted by Fiumicino
Maybe they are bumping status of those that have either been inconvenienced by 2+ hours luggage delays on several occasions or experienced bad services on one of their transatlantic flights; that would explain why most ppl are getting the status upgrade.

I had baggage problems in Orlando about two weeks ago. Maybe thats why I got my status up to Gold? Either way once I recieve the card I will be happy.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
There's several US employees who monitor this board, posting here is as good as calling. I'm sure they're already working on a fix.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 1:50 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by aztimm
There's several US employees who monitor this board, posting here is as good as calling. I'm sure they're already working on a fix.
Hell now if they could just bump up my pay.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is it safe to assume that the status now posted on our DM accounts is what we will have throughout 2007 or could this change again by 2/28/07?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.