Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL-MAD, what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:58 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
PHL-MAD, what to expect?

I'm flying to Madrid on May.I've read a lot about how bad are those 767 coach seats, besides that, any good/bad experience?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Platinum
I have taken the PHL-MAD flight quite a few times, and yes the 767 coach seat are pretty bad. I would suggest booking a row in the mini cabin forward of the coach lavatories since it is usually much quieter in there.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:49 am

The OP may already know this, but bear in mind that PHL-MAD goes to A333 equipment on May 6. So he or she may be in for a much better experience in terms of seating (especially if in Rows 8-18) and IFE.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
If indeed, you are flying after May 6th on the A333, your experience will be much better than the 767. Try to snag a seat in the forward cabin, Rows 8-18. I fly this route a few times during the year to visit family and it varies greatly. The cabin crew will dictate your experience, either good or bad, but as a bit of solace, I have never had a notably horrible experience on this route. I would love to here a trip report when you return.

Last edited by USFFlyer; Feb 1, 2007 at 10:01 pm Reason: bad contraction...grammar snob to the rescue
Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:14 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I was planning to fly on May 5, but looks like I'm going to change it to May 7.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by B7e7US
I was planning to fly on May 5, but looks like I'm going to change it to May 7.
Disfrutar!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.