Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hp.com won't let me book LAX-PHX. Tells me it's a "US" route!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2005, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
hp.com won't let me book LAX-PHX. Tells me it's a "US" route!

Simple trying to book LAX-PHX. Website tells me, and I quote, "Pardon our Dust:The route you have chosen is currently only serviced by US Airways.
Visit usairways.com to book the selected trip."

Can this be accurate?
Old Oct 31, 2005, 7:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I had the same problem today trying to book PHX-HNL-KOA.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:01 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Works for me fine now... probably just one of those merger hiccups.

Oh, while we're talking about the Web site... will they let us friggin' type in airport codes already? I'm tired of spending five minutes scrolling through "more than 200 destinations around the world!" to look for an LAX-PHX flight.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FCYTravis
. . .Oh, while we're talking about the Web site... will they let us friggin' type in airport codes already? I'm tired of spending five minutes scrolling through "more than 200 destinations around the world!" to look for an LAX-PHX flight.
I totally agree. That tiny little window is truly a pain. Either open up the window like it used to be, or, better yet, allow us to type in our own codes.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:19 pm

Sigh. Classic user interface snafu -- a monster scrolling list.

In IE, you can type the first letter to jump to that portion of the list. In Firefox, you can type the first few letters: PHO to jump to Phoenix.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, UA Premier 1K, AA Gold (MM)
Speaking of Firefox

Originally Posted by alanh
Sigh. Classic user interface snafu -- a monster scrolling list.

In IE, you can type the first letter to jump to that portion of the list. In Firefox, you can type the first few letters: PHO to jump to Phoenix.
I continue to have major issues with the HP site in Firefox, especially when printing Boarding Passes (by default, they print at like 50% their normal size).

Anyone else having these issues?
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:34 pm

Neither website makes finding the least expensive ticket between two cities on a certain date an easy task.

Hopefully integration means, "throw both out and start over."
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by mallthus
I continue to have major issues with the HP site in Firefox, especially when printing Boarding Passes (by default, they print at like 50% their normal size).

Yep, I've had the tiny boarding pass problem and also seat assignment fails much of the time on Firefox as well. I just use IE for the website. It isn't worth the trouble.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by mallthus

I can't believe you get THAT far with Firefox on the HP site. I've just resigned myself to using IE for that page. Which, by the way, is actually pretty painless if you have IEView installed.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Originally Posted by shell nyc
I can't believe you get THAT far with Firefox on the HP site. I've just resigned myself to using IE for that page. Which, by the way, is actually pretty painless if you have IEView installed.
I've had both the tiny boarding pass (HP still accepts it) and the seat assignment problem. Seat assignment seems to work now though.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:49 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
To the OP I got the same problem in both Firefox and IE. It had to do with the times I was selecting. It technicaly was a US route at that hour. Just an idea for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.