Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice needed for wallet left on US Airways flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by aztimm
Glad to hear they found the wallet, and hopefully everything inside it is as your wife remembers.

Let me know if you need someone to go pick it up. I could swing by PHX and ship to you.
Very sweet aztimm, thanks. It is actually my sister-in-laws and I am sure by now they have made arrangements to have it shipped back to San Diego.

I wish there were a good take-home message from this about how to find out sooner or more efficiently about lost items like this, but the airlines don't seem to have a very robust system for making this information readily available. Large volumes of lost "stuff", I know, but they have gotten much better with baggage over the years...
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:31 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by krlcomm
Always nice to read stories that have good endings! And JDiver is THE man!
JDiver is a man?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:33 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by mstraveler
but they have gotten much better with baggage over the years...
That's because they're liable, to a degree, for lost baggage/stolen items. For lost and found items, they really have zero liability so there's less incentive to make it easy to retrieve a lost item.

That being said, there have been many stories of happy endings for items left on a plane. It takes some dedicated employees to go above and beyond, though. My alphanumeric pager left in a 737 front bathroom years back was found by an F/A who called me on my cell phone (which I guess was in my US DM account info that she somehow obtained). She told me she left it with PHL baggage services lost and found and I was able to retrieve it on my next trip to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.