Search

Pre program merger advice needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP
Pre program merger advice needed

Hi all

I used to spend a lot of time on this forum and in the air. I live in the UK but flew to USA bi monthly to care for an unwell parent. Sadly this is no longer necessary.

I have dropped from a one level buy up Chairman to Silver.

Should I do a quick buy up to Gold before the program's merge? I will have to fly back and forth a few more times to wind up the estate and will need to bring some stuff back to UK with me. I would miss the lounge access and the lounge angels in irreg ops. I'm not completely clear where I will stand with luggage allowances. Do I have it right Euro flights are now one checked bag for no status, and 2 for status? That alone could make buying up worthwhile, if I still can?

I use my miles for upgrades, I suppose that will be changing too?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Sally4th
Hi all

I used to spend a lot of time on this forum and in the air. I live in the UK but flew to USA bi monthly to care for an unwell parent. Sadly this is no longer necessary.

I have dropped from a one level buy up Chairman to Silver.

Should I do a quick buy up to Gold before the program's merge? I will have to fly back and forth a few more times to wind up the estate and will need to bring some stuff back to UK with me. I would miss the lounge access and the lounge angels in irreg ops. I'm not completely clear where I will stand with luggage allowances. Do I have it right Euro flights are now one checked bag for no status, and 2 for status? That alone could make buying up worthwhile, if I still can?

I use my miles for upgrades, I suppose that will be changing too?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Well, the programs are going to merge in 2-3 weeks so unlikely you'd have time to do it and US has taken away the buy up option. So . . .
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
. . . US has taken away the buy up option. So . . .
It is still on the website, but are they no longer processing them?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
It is still on the website, but are they no longer processing them?
Maybe it's still available. Disregard earlier post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.