FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Pre program merger advice needed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1665282-pre-program-merger-advice-needed.html)

Sally4th Mar 22, 2015 10:18 am

Pre program merger advice needed

Hi all

I used to spend a lot of time on this forum and in the air. I live in the UK but flew to USA bi monthly to care for an unwell parent. Sadly this is no longer necessary.

I have dropped from a one level buy up Chairman to Silver.

Should I do a quick buy up to Gold before the program's merge? I will have to fly back and forth a few more times to wind up the estate and will need to bring some stuff back to UK with me. I would miss the lounge access and the lounge angels in irreg ops. I'm not completely clear where I will stand with luggage allowances. Do I have it right Euro flights are now one checked bag for no status, and 2 for status? That alone could make buying up worthwhile, if I still can?

I use my miles for upgrades, I suppose that will be changing too?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Yahtzee Mar 22, 2015 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Sally4th (Post 24546998)
Hi all

I used to spend a lot of time on this forum and in the air. I live in the UK but flew to USA bi monthly to care for an unwell parent. Sadly this is no longer necessary.

I have dropped from a one level buy up Chairman to Silver.

Should I do a quick buy up to Gold before the program's merge? I will have to fly back and forth a few more times to wind up the estate and will need to bring some stuff back to UK with me. I would miss the lounge access and the lounge angels in irreg ops. I'm not completely clear where I will stand with luggage allowances. Do I have it right Euro flights are now one checked bag for no status, and 2 for status? That alone could make buying up worthwhile, if I still can?

I use my miles for upgrades, I suppose that will be changing too?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Well, the programs are going to merge in 2-3 weeks so unlikely you'd have time to do it and US has taken away the buy up option. So . . .

AZ Travels the World Mar 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee (Post 24547274)
. . . US has taken away the buy up option. So . . .

It is still on the website, but are they no longer processing them?

Yahtzee Mar 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World (Post 24547742)
It is still on the website, but are they no longer processing them?

Maybe it's still available. Disregard earlier post.