Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US fare booking class / classes "codes" align with AA [1 Feb 2015 ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; contents may be printed by using (lower right wiki corner.

Fare classes for travel before February 1, 2015
Code:
Class of service           Fare class                Accrual rate
Business Class	           C, D, Z	             150%
Business Class upgrade	   J	                     100%
First Class	           A, F	                     150%
First Class upgrade	   O, P	                     100%
Economy	                   B, E, G, H, K, L, M, N, 
                           Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, Y    100%
Fare classes for travel on or after February 1, 2015

Code:
Class of service             Fare class               Accrual rate
Business class	             J, R, D, I	              150%
Business Class upgrade	     C	                      100%
First Class	             F, P, A                  150% 
First Class upgrade	     X, A         	      100%
Economy	                     Y, B, H, K, M, L, W, 
                             V, G, S, N, Q, O	      100%
Terms & Conditions

* All accrual amounts based on purchased class not flown class. Itineraries upgraded into A will accrue at the normal coach rate of 100%. Purchased A class itineraries only will receive 150% accrual. (Note: used color coding; asterisks throw CODE off.)

Source: US Airways: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../airlines.html

CWSI.net listing of all AA fare codes: http://cwsi.net/aa.htm
Print Wikipost

New US fare booking class / classes "codes" align with AA [1 Feb 2015 ]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AA, United,Hilton Honors, Hyatt, JetBlue,
How are you all seeing this when I can't even log into my account nor am I am to verify my flight or seats? for this weekend?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by Flyer78
This is a snippet of the DM Multipler page presented on checkin. It appears the program is still in place... I am more curious once I see what gets credited... Could just be a glitch in this page.
Thanks. Will be interested to see if the Multiplier option appears when I check in. It's normally available as soon as a trip is booked, which is why I suspected the program had been discontinued.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Well, this is an interesting (ahem, concerning) first. I'm now unable to check in for the flight for which I've been upgraded (but have no actual seat). I thought the seats in row 1 would open up today. Instead, the system tells me I have to check in at the airport. Does this mean I may not be in F at all? If anyone has access to Expert Flyer, this is US 1808 (ATL to CLT) tomorrow. It's currently showing 1A as blocked, so maybe that one will open tomorrow. Has anyone seem a situation like this prior to the fare class changes? Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Carl
...It's currently showing 1A as blocked, so maybe that one will open tomorrow. Has anyone seem a situation like this prior to the fare class changes? Thanks.
Whenever that happens to me (upgraded w/o seat assignment and to be assigned at airport), I invariably end up with 1A ...

1A is the reserved handicap seat and US prefers that it be assigned at airport.

If unable to do OLCI w/o seat assignment, then call the Preferred desk to get the seat assigned beforehand - they always say they reserve the right to change seats for a handicapped FC pax, and that's perfectly OK with me.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Carl
Well, this is an interesting (ahem, concerning) first. I'm now unable to check in for the flight for which I've been upgraded (but have no actual seat). I thought the seats in row 1 would open up today. Instead, the system tells me I have to check in at the airport. Does this mean I may not be in F at all? If anyone has access to Expert Flyer, this is US 1808 (ATL to CLT) tomorrow. It's currently showing 1A as blocked, so maybe that one will open tomorrow. Has anyone seem a situation like this prior to the fare class changes? Thanks.
If you're confirmed into F, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. US doesn't oversell first.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by kudzu
Whenever that happens to me (upgraded w/o seat assignment and to be assigned at airport), I invariably end up with 1A ...

1A is the reserved handicap seat and US prefers that it be assigned at airport.

If unable to do OLCI w/o seat assignment, then call the Preferred desk to get the seat assigned beforehand - they always say they reserve the right to change seats for a handicapped FC pax, and that's perfectly OK with me.
Glad to hear this isn't a brand new issue. Guess I've always been lucky to get a seat assignment at the upgrade window. I called but their system is wonky and eventually disconnected me and said to call later. I'm guessing if they're overloaded with weather issues, they may not even be handling seat assignment requests. Since I have to check a bag anyway (and the agent that's likely working always insists upon printing out paper boarding passes to supplement my mobile ones), I may as well wait until the morning.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
For those wondering, the upgrade to A posted correctly (100% of miles, not 150%), must be an error with the mileage multiplier screen.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Gunner14
If you're confirmed into F, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. US doesn't oversell first.
Thanks. They're no longer selling F seats on the flight, so at I'm guessing 1A will eventually be mine. It's interesting that the upgrade list shows 0 checked in, so maybe OLCI isn't working for people with seat assignments either. There's one person on the list, and that's not me.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:59 am

For those wondering, the upgrade to A posted correctly (100% of miles, not 150%), must be an error with the mileage multiplier screen.
Thanks for the follow up. I still have no DM Multiplier option for my flights tomorrow, although it is present for my itinerary next week. Lots of system bugs, apparently.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:05 am

I figured as much. When I looked the mileage multiplier page prior to check-in it showed @ 150% but when I checked in it correctly showed as 100%. At that point I assumed the chance was slim.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:28 am

Update: just got the "Check in for your upcoming trip" email. Since it's several hours late, I thought, hey, maybe it was delayed for a reason. Sure enough, I'd already been assigned to 1A and was able to check in normally. Now if this no-seat-assignment ever happens in the future, I'll just be more patient.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I've recently bought three non-refundable F tickets. The first fare code starts AA (well, one of the flights says AD) - which makes sense to me, since I'm assuming they're A fares.

The fare code for the other two are different - on one, the two flights' fare codes start with SA, on the other they start with QA. These aren't upgraded flights, just non-refundable first. Will these earn normal F mileage?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Ignore my question above - I can see now that the booking code for all of them is, in fact, P. Which makes sense.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
On Expert Flyer non 0 X bucket availablity is now showing up for some US flights.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:57 pm

Which is the new fare class for preferred upgrade availability - A or X?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.