Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US fare booking class / classes "codes" align with AA [1 Feb 2015 ]

Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; contents may be printed by using (lower right wiki corner.

Fare classes for travel before February 1, 2015
Code:
Class of service           Fare class                Accrual rate
Business Class	           C, D, Z	             150%
Business Class upgrade	   J	                     100%
First Class	           A, F	                     150%
First Class upgrade	   O, P	                     100%
Economy	                   B, E, G, H, K, L, M, N, 
                           Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, Y    100%
Fare classes for travel on or after February 1, 2015

Code:
Class of service             Fare class               Accrual rate
Business class	             J, R, D, I	              150%
Business Class upgrade	     C	                      100%
First Class	             F, P, A                  150% 
First Class upgrade	     X, A         	      100%
Economy	                     Y, B, H, K, M, L, W, 
                             V, G, S, N, Q, O	      100%
Terms & Conditions

* All accrual amounts based on purchased class not flown class. Itineraries upgraded into A will accrue at the normal coach rate of 100%. Purchased A class itineraries only will receive 150% accrual. (Note: used color coding; asterisks throw CODE off.)

Source: US Airways: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../airlines.html

CWSI.net listing of all AA fare codes: http://cwsi.net/aa.htm
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: free agent

Seems that the booking codes are changing for travel after 2/1/2015.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../airlines.html

Website seems to suggest that the "new O" is either X or A, but according to Expert Flyer, the new upgrade class is Z.

Anyone know which is right?

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 18, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
It looks like they are aligning with AA fare codes. On AA, there are two upgrades code for F: one for instruments like an eVIP/SWU (that's A class on AA) and one for the standard domestic upgrades that are free to EXPs and require 500-miles upgrades (aka stickers) for PLTs and GLDs (that's X class on AA, which AA made EF stop reporting on a while ago).

And then C is the e-VIP/SWU upgrade inventory class for Business.

I could be wrong, but this new chart certainly looks very familiar to me as a pmAA flyer.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
So that explains what's going on. My corporate travel system sent me an "upgrade status" email today for a flight 3 weeks out. The only difference is the "Class/Type" went from "Economy/E" to "First/O", but I went to the US site and only the code had changed. I was wondering why I got an early upgrade on a cheap fare.

Last edited by CPRich; Jan 17, 2015 at 10:43 pm
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Yes, this is the same as AA's fare codes.

Two interesting notes, one is the Economy codes are clearly in an order of priority. That priority is not really used thankfully in most cases by AA (there are a few exceptions like certain upgrade awards offered by AA).

The second notes, is the codes not listed like T are also important (these are mileage award codes).

Rasheed
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:02 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I have an itinerary that was changed from O to U and Z (Business and First) so they are definitely aligning to AA. One curious detail is that the international portion (SDQ-PHL) was before branded First Class, now it's branded Business, so it looks like the front cabin is being renamed to business on caribbean/central america flights to further align with AA.

Another thing: My SDQ-PHL flight now says MEAL: MarketPlace™, is that a glitch?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Originally Posted by B7e7US
I have an itinerary that was changed from O to U and Z (Business and First) so they are definitely aligning to AA. One curious detail is that the international portion (SDQ-PHL) was before branded First Class, now it's branded Business, so it looks like the front cabin is being renamed to business on caribbean/central america flights to further align with AA.

Another thing: My SDQ-PHL flight now says MEAL: MarketPlace, is that a glitch?
I have the same "glitch" but their website clearly says that you get a meal..

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...irstclass.html
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ty97

And then C is the e-VIP/SWU upgrade inventory class for Business.
Has the system been updated with this information yet? I'm not seeing a single "C" bucket available for any route after February 1st (granted, my sample size is manual through EF). Is this still in "J" if we want to apply e-VIP upgrade certs. even for flights departing later this year?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Here's a handy guide from CWSI: http://cwsi.net/aa.htm

Okay, added this in a wiki...

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 18, 2015 at 12:55 pm
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by blueheronNC
Has the system been updated with this information yet? I'm not seeing a single "C" bucket available for any route after February 1st (granted, my sample size is manual through EF). Is this still in "J" if we want to apply e-VIP upgrade certs. even for flights departing later this year?
It doesn't look it. I just checked a number of flights that I know for certain had (old) J availability PHL-MAD, PHL-CDG and the reverse. Those flights now have no C availability.

Thankfully, I applied my certs before they did all this reclassification, and got notification yesterday that "my flights had changed". The only change was the booking code had gone from J (Envoy) to C (Business).
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:54 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Ah.. I guess this is why there's some issues with US airway's inventory. Is it likely that availability for revenue fare would normalise and return to previous levels? eg: a week ago

I've been holding off from purchasing an US ticket but now the fare class changes availability became non-existent.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
It doesn't look it. I just checked a number of flights that I know for certain had (old) J availability PHL-MAD, PHL-CDG and the reverse. Those flights now have no C availability.

Thankfully, I applied my certs before they did all this reclassification, and got notification yesterday that "my flights had changed". The only change was the booking code had gone from J (Envoy) to C (Business).
Me too - I had some J confirmed in April that have now TK'ed to C class. But I had monitored some other flights pre-realignment that had plenty of J class for Chairman's cert upgrades (I'm talking J5+) that all are showing as C0. In fact, I'm looking all over the map for C inventory over the next few months and have yet to find a single C seat for a Chairman's cert upgrade. Yikes.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
Me too - I had some J confirmed in April that have now TK'ed to C class. But I had monitored some other flights pre-realignment that had plenty of J class for Chairman's cert upgrades (I'm talking J5+) that all are showing as C0. In fact, I'm looking all over the map for C inventory over the next few months and have yet to find a single C seat for a Chairman's cert upgrade. Yikes.
Has anyone called the CP desk to find out what actual availability is yet? I'd be surprised if all CP cert inventory did actually vaporize this weekend. (And at a terrible time too! I was about to pull the trigger on some before they expire.)
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Now if they'd only fix the no 150% EQP bonus for Y/B/W fares. I'd like to know that if those fares are bought that they'll be properly credited later in the year.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
C space is back, per EF. Loads different from before (a flight I've been watching has gone J6 on Saturday to C2 last night, a few cases of the reverse as well), but it's there.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
C space is back, per EF. Loads different from before (a flight I've been watching has gone J6 on Saturday to C2 last night, a few cases of the reverse as well), but it's there.
Just checked the GDS and I can see it's back too. Loads are different, agreed - some flights that had J vanished (as it can even without the realignment, keeping in mind) and then others that had no J, some have many C seats, which is unusual historically ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.