Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Triple preferred qualifying miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Because if you are loyal they don't need to give you reason to fly more.
Common theme being that US feels at one time these flyers were loyal and for some reason or another they now aren't. Why not keep everyone loyal?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:56 pm

I've been Silver for a while now, not requalifying this year. No targeted 3X for me or my other two immediate family members (who have the same patterns). I do have about 5000 miles booked on US for Christmas.

I've been crediting my corporate and west coast leisure travel to AS since the beginning of 2014, already have 10k EQM booked on AS metal in Jan/Feb 2015. I'll probably keep that going.

I get that I'm "only" a silver on US, but I also primarily fly expensive shorthauls with them. A 3X promo would be nice for some loyalty to me as a customer, especially when I probably spent as much with them this year as I did last year, with far fewer BIS miles.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:13 pm

I'm trying to make a few last minute runs before the end of the year just to push over Gold; I am CP now. I would think that I would be in that target, but maybe not. Sure would be nice!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by senyah
They ran one similar back in September as well, here's what a colleague had in email

I wrote to Customer Service and seems they are pretty strict on whether you were targeted for the offer. Well, no lack of effort for trying.

Why don't you give your loyal fellas some love, US?
Plenty of love for us loyal folks! Discounts on wine and 4x miles at Hertz!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Damn - I hope this pops up my way. I'm only sitting at about 40k PQMs. CP wouldn't happen this year but my travel should be kicking up next year. I'd love a way to keep it. I'm looking at doing an MR to ANC to hit GP/Plat.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:34 pm

I received this as well almost didn't even open it. Was chairman gold now and currently have only flew18,000 this year. I am seriously considering a LGa to dfw to hkg for about 18,000 miles (
54,000 miles. To go from dirt to almost plantinum. Is that right?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by sammysav
I received this as well almost didn't even open it. Was chairman gold now and currently have only flew18,000 this year. I am seriously considering a LGa to dfw to hkg for about 18,000 miles (
54,000 miles. To go from dirt to almost plantinum. Is that right?
You'd have to read the T&C's to see if AA metal flights count. Last year, it was only US metal. If they do, then yes, that would be correct.

I did BWI-PHX-ANC runs for nearly 30k a pop last year.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
I see PHX, PHL, and DFW folks who got it. Anywhere else?

Now if Fernand & Co. were astute about it, it would also go to folks in OA hubs where PQD increases could affect loyalty.

I could use a bump since there won't be the 3rd tier next year, and the 4th/upper tier would mean a bit more B-I-S miles now. I have a trip for 17K over Thanksgiving.

I also haven't seen any 5000 pqm bonus (short offers as usual for USAirways Club renewals) as they switch to Admirals Clubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.