Wiki Posts
Search

Triple preferred qualifying miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
Smile Triple preferred qualifying miles

Did anyone else receive this offer this morning? I saw it just as I was leaving home this morning to meet with friends. I got back and figured that I would see a bunch of posts on this, but I don't see anything. This must be "targeted". It almost seems too good to be true.

I figured that we wouldn't see any kind of decent promotions for quite some time.

---------------------------------------------

We appreciate your business and want to see you on board more. That’s why we’re giving you more reasons to keep flying with us.

Over the next 3 months, you'll get triple Preferred-qualifying miles for every flight you take with us.* Just fly by 2/18/2015 and you'll earn these miles in addition to your Preferred and Class of Service bonuses. The miles will automatically be deposited into your account. All you have to do is fly.

*Terms & conditions apply. No registration necessary, with an active Dividend Miles account. Triple Preferred-qualifying miles eligibility terms: Offer applies to flight miles or the 500 mile minimum earned per flight (if applicable) and does not apply to Preferred, Class of Service or any other miles earned through any other promotion. For every 1 flight mile earned, you will earn 2 additional miles with this promotion for a total of 3 Preferred-qualifying miles. Flights must be operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines or American Eagle. Flights must be flown 11/10/2014 – 2/18/2015 and booked on a mileage-earning qualifying ticket. Any flights booked during but flown after the eligibility period do not qualify. Promotion miles will be awarded 1 – 2 weeks after original flight miles post.

Subscription information: This is an advertisement. You have received this message because you are a valued Dividend Miles member. If you'd rather not receive survey request emails in the future, please unsubscribe. Allow up to five days for your name to be removed.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Dang, I could use some of that.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
is this for real?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
The OP has >300 posts, so I believe it. If the OP had 1 post, I would think it is a hoax.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
No joy for me
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
I think I got a little more insight after posting this. I have been Chairmans or Platinum for the last five years. For a variety of reasons, some related to the merger, I have scaled back my flying quite a bit this year. Also included in the email was a survey, which I opened and took after posting this. It was all about figuring out why I was flying less and if I had any feedback for them. I have heard of targeted promos before, but this seems highly targeted.

Regardless, it will likely work, as I jumped on the internet and researched flights to the SIN DO in January. I found a flight for $1,050 that I think will net me 44K PQM, if I am reading the T&C's correctly. One leg is Japan Air, but the other two are marketed and operated by US and AA. Just to be sure this is for real, I wrote the Platinum desk last night and expect to hear back by tomorrow.

I am now going to try to get nearly 30K PQM's in 2014 as well. I found a cheap flight to Quito, a city I have wanted to visit for a while, but it's not enough to put me over the top.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
I also received this targeted email. Similar pattern - Chairmans for a few years, then Gold, then probably wasn't even going to make Silver this year. But, just booked a flight that will get me there with the triple miles offer.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:20 am

Triple preferred qualifying miles

I received this offer...most likely due to my job change, where I no longer travel for work. Went from > 75k miles in 2013 to < 25k this year. Also was invited to complete a survey for 250 bonus miles.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
No dice for me...could have really used it, too
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
They aren't going to give it to anyone that has probably already made status, so that is most people on this board.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by chrisphx
I think I got a little more insight after posting this. I have been Chairmans or Platinum for the last five years. For a variety of reasons, some related to the merger, I have scaled back my flying quite a bit this year.
I am in nearly the same boat, but have not received the offer. Hoping maybe it's a phased email.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
They aren't going to give it to anyone that has probably already made status, so that is most people on this board.
We'd all gladly take it to get a good start to 2015.

US did a similar thing last year - giving out a few of these promos to travellers who haven't flown much. I wish they'd take a look at the 80/20 rule and throw us a bone.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
I have been Gold or Platinum for about 10 straight years -- but this year I've flown ZERO paid flights due to a number of factors. I hope I'm targeted for this promo....
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:48 pm

They ran one similar back in September as well, here's what a colleague had in email

I wrote to Customer Service and seems they are pretty strict on whether you were targeted for the offer. Well, no lack of effort for trying.

Why don't you give your loyal fellas some love, US?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Because if you are loyal they don't need to give you reason to fly more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.