Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more pillows in domestic First Class - aligning with AA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
No more pillows in domestic First Class - aligning with AA

Hello,
My last two flights on A320 FC did not include pillows at all. One didn't include blankets either. Are they "low on stock" for pillows and blankets", or is this just random?
Hope it's just random. I've got a bad neck, and like having the pillow. Does the trick w/out having to pack a neck pillow. (and yes, I know, if I need a pillow, you think I should bring one. you are not moved by my view, that if it's supposed to be part of FC, they should provide it).
Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Anecdotal: No more pillows FC domestic

I haven't noticed a shortage or lack of pillows recently.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
I had a very senior FA on a flight a couple weeks ago note that pillows were being taken off of flights as part of the new standardized service taking effect 9/1.

Since then I have had flights go both ways, either with or without. The FA said there would still be blankets and so far I have had a blanket on every flight since.

She suggested to the entire F cabin on that flight that we write in to US to let them know if we're not happy with the removal of pillows from flights or any other changes that are going on. Of course we all know how well that will probably go over but it can't hurt to let them know.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Flew F yesterday PHL-SFO. No pillows (not sure if they were loaded, but they were not on the seats and I didn't bother to ask for one). To be honest I'd rather not have them on all the seats at the beginning of the flight, since most of the time I don't want to be bothered with them and then have to figure out where to stuff them. But I would like them to be proactively offered by FAs.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
New "standardization". No pillows. I have not seen any pillows on flights this month.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:11 pm

Anecdotal: No more pillows FC domestic

They have been discontinued on most domestic flights but blankets are staying. 99% of the pillows ended up on the floor, in the seat pocket or in the O/h bins anyway. I think they'll still be provided on redeyes.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
No pillows in domestic F, to align with AA's model. Apparently they are just not replenishing them as they get low, so you'll probably see some planes with and some without, till they are all gone.

Also, at least according to flight crew last week, Y passengers will no longer be restricted to only using Y lav (a thing which we all know was pretty loosely enforced to begin with, and honestly doesn't bother me who pees where, but the change to no longer ban Y pax from the F lav will surely make at least some heads asplode).
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by scottsam66
Hope it's just random. I've got a bad neck, and like having the pillow.
If you have an existing medial condition that requires a pillow, I suggest getting one to bring regardless if its should be provided or not. Too risky
Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Since 9/1, all of my flights (10 so far this month) have had blankets, and none have had pillows. I normally don't use the pillows, but another Chairman's colleague used to use both the provided one and I'd give her mine when we flew together so, as usual, someone isn't thrilled with this.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I didnt even notice until you mention it--blanket today, no pillow. but you can buy a powernap kit
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by gruss
I had a very senior FA on a flight a couple weeks ago note that pillows were being taken off of flights as part of the new standardized service taking effect 9/1.
Same explanation from the FA on a DCA-PHX flight last week - someone asked where are the pillows...
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Maybe in exchange for pillows, they'll keep the third row in the A319s!

This is one that doesn't really bother me. I can't imagine putting one of those used pillows near my head. (Especially after seeing so many people use them as additional seat padding.)
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:43 pm

I didn't notice but sure enough, in F right now PHX-BOS and no pillow. Even on red eyes will this be true?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
No pillow on CLT-PIT last week.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
No pillows my last four US flights. FA on most recent flight said they may be coming back due to complaints. Blankies still present on all four. Two of the four were redeyes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.