Wiki Posts
Search

Fee for FF Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Fee for FF Tickets

I was online looking for a FF ticket and see that in addition to the miles and taxes US charges a $50.00 Processing Fee. RIDICULOUS. It is all online. Why don't they call it what it really is - robbery, rip off, your own words. Pathetic.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
That is, for now, a US Dividend Miles problem, not an AA AAdvantage problem.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
I have never redeemed miles on US (I'm registered in the program, but have few miles there). In any case, other programs, including AA, do not have this policy and the US program will be absorbed by AA in the coming months.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Originally Posted by JPG3392
I have never redeemed miles on US (I'm registered in the program, but have few miles there). In any case, other programs, including AA, do not have this policy and the US program will be absorbed by AA in the coming months.
But will they move to the AA none fee, or keep the US fee structure ?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum!. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
But will they move to the AA none fee, or keep the US fee structure ?
That remains to be seen. This isn't the only difference between the two programs--AA offers one-way award flights for half the mileage of a RT, while US charges the same in miles for one-way or RT--but what the policies will be when the programs are merged has not yet been announced.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was online looking for a FF ticket and see that in addition to the miles and taxes US charges a $50.00 Processing Fee. RIDICULOUS. It is all online. Why don't they call it what it really is - robbery, rip off, your own words. Pathetic.
Those are the terms of the scheme; did you read the rules of the scheme before collecting?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Been this way forever. Nothing new and was likely there when you signed up for DM back whenever.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I bet in the merged program, more fees will move over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.