Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

"A flight cannot depart less than 1 hour after your previous flight arrives"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"A flight cannot depart less than 1 hour after your previous flight arrives"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
"Eligible under the endorsement waiver agreement"

Seems to be the key term though I have no idea as to what is covered under the agreement and what isn't...

Go Gators
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
Now, that they are in OneWorld, they have to reaccommodate you on another flight if you miss your return flight even if on separate tickets since you're connecting from a OW carrier to a OW carrier, i. e. US to US. Good Luck!
Originally Posted by GNVGator
Whoa let's drill down on that sentence some. Are you saying I have to be reaccommodated by the airline if I miss my flight and the airline wasn't at fault? I do this a lot when I'm on a award ticket on the transatlantic portion to Europe but a separate cash ticket when I connect in Europe or vis a versa. I always sweat arriving late and missing that connection on a sperate itinerary/reservation. Are you saying OW rules require the airline to put me on the next flight if I miss the connection? If so then that is an awesome perk I didn't know about.

Go Gators
Originally Posted by Zach1213
AA has it in their guidelines - http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...tkt_policy.jsp

"If a customer is holding separate tickets on AA or another oneworld carrier, customers holding separate tickets where travel is on oneworld airlines should be treated as through ticketed passengers. In the event of a disruption on the originating ticket, the carrier responsible for the disruption will be required to reroute the customer to their final destination. The ticket stock of the second ticket must be of a oneworld carrier, eligible under the Endorsement Waiver Agreement."

I am not sure about any other OW carrier. I have separate tickets on QF next month and asked over on the QF board about the connection, and didn't hear anything about being protected via a written rule like this. If there is one OneWorld wide, I would love to know.
It's an AA only policy, not a oneworld policy. So if you are connecting between AA and another AA or oneworld flight you are covered by the policy. But if you tried to pull it out when connecting between two non-AA, oneworld flights, you'd get a blank stare.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: None
<redacted>

And thus I see no reason why you're having the message pop up unless that's something to do with the merger - the computer won't let you book "connections" with less than an hour for the connection.

A year or so US had one of their bonus programs where one got hits or something for various flying - different travel zones, shuttle, new markets, etc. One new market also meant crossing between 2 zones and tons of people did CLT to ??? and then turned right around and returned to CLT, getting 3 hits quickly. They had no problem booking it.

You are also right about the US to US connection. If you do miss the "connection" they'll just put you on the next flight out that has seats.

Jim

Last edited by miamigrad; Jul 22, 2014 at 6:11 pm Reason: Deleted quote from post that has been deleted
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
And thus I see no reason why you're having the message pop up unless that's something to do with the merger - the computer won't let you book "connections" with less than an hour for the connection.

A year or so US had one of their bonus programs where one got hits or something for various flying - different travel zones, shuttle, new markets, etc. One new market also meant crossing between 2 zones and tons of people did CLT to ??? and then turned right around and returned to CLT, getting 3 hits quickly. They had no problem booking it.
Not accurate, and nothing new. Plenty of people had to either book one-ways or through third party websites for that promo. I had to book through Orbitz for a quick turn at ILM back in 2011.

When booking a round trip or multi-city itinerary, the US website won't let you spend less than one hour in your "destination," no matter what the MCT is.

Booking through Orbitz or Expedia is usually the best strategy, since then you're on one PNR for the entire trip. If you book two one-ways and miss the return, I don't think US policy requires them to accommodate you (though my guess is they would).
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: None
Thanks for the correction.

Jim
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
Now, that they are in OneWorld, they have to reaccommodate you on another flight if you miss your return flight even if on separate tickets since you're connecting from a OW carrier to a OW carrier, i. e. US to US. Good Luck!
Please do not misquote AA policy for OW policy. AA policy protects legal connections on separate tickets as long as AA is one of the carriers involved in the connection and the other is AA or OW.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dtremit
When booking a round trip or multi-city itinerary, the US website won't let you spend less than one hour in your "destination," no matter what the MCT is.
This. I use Kayak to search mile runs with <1 hr at the "destination." Kayak will take you right to US's purchase page to complete the transaction.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Not accurate, and nothing new. Plenty of people had to either book one-ways or through third party websites for that promo. I had to book through Orbitz for a quick turn at ILM back in 2011.

A CP desk agent once told me she'd heard that the need to have at least an hour at the destination was a SHARES limitation on a round trip. I have no way to validate that, but it seemed plausible.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

Booking through Orbitz or Expedia is usually the best strategy, since then you're on one PNR for the entire trip. If you book two one-ways and miss the return, I don't think US policy requires them to accommodate you (though my guess is they would).
aa.com will happily sell you a <60 minute turnaround on US flights, a good option for those who prefer to avoid OTAs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.