Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US bumping confirms for Govt passengers

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I feel like this thread has gone way off track. Ed Henry's complaint means nothing at all without knowing who the "government official" was, and without knowing if he had paid for a seat in F. If he lost his upgrade because an FAM was placed on his flight, then he really should apologize. Instead, he's making it sound like US favors politicians, which is actively misleading.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by sriegert
this. fortunately faux news has sponsors that are largely irrelevant to me (I e reverse mortgages).
Don't forget that faux medical condition mesothelioma, or that wondrous investment in numismatic gold coins....
Old May 28, 2014, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT AIRLINES DO FOR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS. Long before airlines created special top tier elite status like concierge key etc. American has had a special private back line phone number for Senators and Congressman that goes to a special desk. Do Congressman and Senators get special treatment? YES. Pan Am did stuff that I will not put in print except when we lost Pan Am the USA lost a intelligence asset.
Airlines? Try every major business. You know how fast the cellular companies and credit card companies would be facing consumer regulations if congressman and their staff had to call the "regular" numbers? You think a congressman or his staff has to call the main Comcast number and wait 1 hour to talk with someone in the Phillipines? You think their install guy is ever 3 hours late? You think they have to wait on hold for 30 minutes with Bank of America to get some b.s. fee refunded? No, they don't. I live in DC and I've worked on the Hill and trust me, every major company has a special line for VIPs to call to get white glove treatment. And the #1 VIPs are Congress and staff. It's a shame because they can't properly legislate without knowing how these companies actually operate.
Old May 28, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by scottsam66
Don't forget that faux medical condition mesothelioma, or that wondrous investment in numismatic gold coins....
Picking out Fox (or Faux) news because they sell advertising is missing the elephant in the room - every broadcaster sells ads and thus (in theory) raises prices on something.

That's not even considering the argument that conservative or liberal labels often say a lot more about the views of the watcher than the views of the watched - if you call a news broadcaster "liberal" or "conservative" it's mostly because you disagree with their coverage. If you think a broadcaster is neutral it's because you agree with their coverage.

Jim
Old May 29, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Picking out Fox (or Faux) news because they sell advertising is missing the elephant in the room - every broadcaster sells ads and thus (in theory) raises prices on something.

That's not even considering the argument that conservative or liberal labels often say a lot more about the views of the watcher than the views of the watched - if you call a news broadcaster "liberal" or "conservative" it's mostly because you disagree with their coverage. If you think a broadcaster is neutral it's because you agree with their coverage.

Jim
Agree with most of what you said. I wasn't making any kind of grandiose statement. Just poking fun at the ridiculous advertisements on Fox News.
Old May 29, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: None
As a night person, I can promise you that they're on all the channels late at night...

Jim
Old May 29, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
As a night person, I can promise you that they're on all the channels late at night...

Jim
You should hear what's on Blue Collar Radio on SiriusXM.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
You should hear what's on Blue Collar Radio on SiriusXM.
Try Howard Stern 100, or 101 for interesting ad buys...
Old May 29, 2014, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by scottsam66
Try Howard Stern 100, or 101 for interesting ad buys...
I can only imagine ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.