Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US 2014 Special Dividends

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:14 am
Original Poster

US 2014 Special Dividends

This makes no sense. When hitting the first milestone one of the perks is Silver Domestic and International vacation coupons. BUT, they, and the rest of the coupons for the other milestones MUST be activated by 2/28/2014.

Last years said the same (activate by 2/28/2013) but I was able to activate during the year after hitting the milestones.

This time no deal - and I've written with no answer twice.

How are you to activate before 2/28/2014 when you don't even hit the milestone until March? And the others probably afterwards during the year. The first Silver in May, then Gold in August, then Platinum September.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver.
Don't worry...after today's announcements I am quite sure there will be many more "Special Dividends" to come!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Is anyone surprised that this has all begun?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: US, HH
To the OP, that's likely a typo that they for whatever reason aren't fixing. My 2013 dividends also listed an expiry date of 2013 rather than Feb 2014 and I used mine just fine in February.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Originally Posted by GrjApp
To the OP, that's likely a typo that they for whatever reason aren't fixing. My 2013 dividends also listed an expiry date of 2013 rather than Feb 2014 and I used mine just fine in February.
I can confirm this as well, the only thing that dissapeared and not able to use was the higher status for Dividend Miles Dining, that link is disabled, otherwise I am able to access my FTD and Restaurant.com offers still, mine also show a 2013 expiration.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Quick question about special dividends which I don't think deserves its own thread: if I reach the USAirways Club membership divided, when will it expire? Let's say I hit it in October. Will the club membership be active until February 15 or February 2016? (Or worse, December 2014?)
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
same question ?

Originally Posted by mbece
Quick question about special dividends which I don't think deserves its own thread: if I reach the USAirways Club membership divided, when will it expire? Let's say I hit it in October. Will the club membership be active until February 15 or February 2016? (Or worse, December 2014?)

I can control to some extent when I hit the 125K special dividend milestone & would like to maximize the amount of time the USAirways Club membership is active. Hopefully someone will know the answer to this one.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:39 am
Original Poster

After 3 months they finally fixed the Vacation vouchers and I was able to get them activated. Regarding the Club, should be good to 2/16 unless something else happens during the merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.