Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/dividendmiles/programdetails/purchasemiles/default.html

Share your miles this week and give up to 100% more Share miles with family and friends April 7 - 13, 2014, and you’ll give up to a 100% bonus – up to 50,000 more miles. The more you share, the more you give. ...

NO TRADES ARE PERMITTED on Flyertalk, outside of the Coupon Connection.
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Offers to trade in this thread will result in disciplinary action.
Print Wikipost

Tiered bonus up to 100% on shared miles (Apr 7-13)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:30 pm

finally, my first transaction posted.i did a transfer back and its pending.but i guess it should go through in a day or so.not too worried, now that the first one posted.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:32 pm

Well yes that is sage counsel but unfortunately life doesn't always work that way. Took me hours and hours of pondering and availability searching and mathematical charting of various scenarios to figure out how to best utilize this promo this time. My SO calls it one of my "miles emergencies" when there is a deal that requires my attention and our decision making on a deadline, trumping all other things we should be doing like working on our taxes.

Anyway, I finally was able to get my 8 transfers through, only by using a US Air card and then a Barclay Arrival (same bank). Interesting that every other one I tried was repeatedly declined for no reason.

First 5 transfers were instantaneous and the last 3 are pending. Hopefully based on others' experiences it should go through tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
This is why I said to try early on to do the transfers. Seems to be lot more of these problems later in the promo.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, SQ Krisflyer
I'll get into this promo later today. Just wondering where to find availability on OW? With *A I simply checked on ANA but am somewhat lost for checking OW says. Any tips?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by foreigner
I'll get into this promo later today. Just wondering where to find availability on OW? With *A I simply checked on ANA but am somewhat lost for checking OW says. Any tips?
there is another thread discussing on what issues they are having with OW availability and other stuff.but BA website is a good tool for simple search.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: QFF Gold, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by mrahul
there is another thread discussing on what issues they are having with OW availability and other stuff.but BA website is a good tool for simple search.
Thanks. I'll check other threads first and also BA.com
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:57 am

Well US is telling me that "pending" transfers need to be manually processed by Points.com-- and that they don't work on weekends! This is confirmed by the business hours posted on the points.com site (though I don't know whether they have processors working on weekends even though no customer service). This sucks for me as I have tix on hold that expire and hope I can renew the hold them until Monday. Of course the US promo is over tomorrow so just a heads up for anyone planning to do a series of transfers this weekend- you may end up not being able to finish the deal if any of them don't go through instantly. Not sure whether US is right or wrong and if anyone has experience having transfers completed on the weekend (manually not automatically) the last time they ran the promo then please chime in.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by gil123
Well US is telling me that "pending" transfers need to be manually processed by Points.com-- and that they don't work on weekends! This is confirmed by the business hours posted on the points.com site (though I don't know whether they have processors working on weekends even though no customer service). This sucks for me as I have tix on hold that expire and hope I can renew the hold them until Monday. Of course the US promo is over tomorrow so just a heads up for anyone planning to do a series of transfers this weekend- you may end up not being able to finish the deal if any of them don't go through instantly. Not sure whether US is right or wrong and if anyone has experience having transfers completed on the weekend (manually not automatically) the last time they ran the promo then please chime in.
I'd try to give US a call and see if they will extend the hold.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:00 am

BS Alert. Miles just posted. So no processing on weekends not true. But I would definitely not wait until tomorrow for multiple transfers
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Two transactions today - posted immediately -
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:35 pm

yeah, they are posting transactions today also. Finally completed them.
also, for someone doing it today, just to be safe, it might be a good idea to have a screenshot of the last screen where it shows transfer complete with bonus miles.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:33 pm

Site is down. Grrr
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
still down for hours whats wrong with them .

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

How much time left ?>
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:46 am
HCA

Finally think through my plan (include "if" transfer is not instant) then the site went down for hours. Arrrrr.....
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Lots of problems reported with card declined on points.com
Has anyone had problems using a CC in the name of the acct holder (which is not used repeated times previously)?

Looks like most problems are cars with no matching names (incl GCs?), or repeated use of same card (max 3x before points flag it in a certain time frame).
Old Apr 13, 2014, 7:16 am

I think, from my experience, there are two different issues. First, some cards will be declined right from the get go (I tried a number of different credit cards and all were declined before I had even done any transfers). And yes one of the cards was in my name and the account was in my name but still got declined. Once I found one that worked, it only did 3 or 4 transfers instantly and then the transfers were only processed manually the following day. This is a great promo but caveat emptor.

Originally Posted by skaya
Lots of problems reported with card declined on points.com
Has anyone had problems using a CC in the name of the acct holder (which is not used repeated times previously)?

Looks like most problems are cars with no matching names (incl GCs?), or repeated use of same card (max 3x before points flag it in a certain time frame).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.