Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Express Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by felipegarcia
It's a soft bag. It does fit in an ERJ-145, I know that for sure.

I know electronics are not covered under the CoC, and last time I heard an RPA gate announcement regarding a full flight and checked bags, they said to "remove all electronics and value items", so if they try to pull that off, I'll ask them what am I supposed to do. One computer has a laptop, the other has $7k worth of camera gear. Although I've heard that if you have electronics and stuff like that they will be more accomodating. More than theft it's about damage, since I know I have camera gear in there, how it's packed and how to handle the bag.
Since you say the camera bag fits in an ERJ145, there should be no problem getting it to fit the O/H on the CRJ series. Only real difference is the door hinges up instead of slides down, and there are bins on both sides of the ceiling instead of just one.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US, UA, Marriott, SPG, HH Silver
Originally Posted by burlax
You should not waste your time on trying to get assurances because (i) regardless of verbal assurances, US will not reimburse you for loss/damage to camera and electronics in checked baggage, (ii) even if FA would be willing to scribble something down, she is not gonna have proper authority to modify CoC, and (iii) anyone in supervisory capacity would sooner dress up as a court jester before coming to work than provide you with such assurances in writing.
Thanks

Last edited by felipegarcia; Nov 23, 2013 at 3:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.