Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

When will US Airways get approval for new electronics rule? (updated: 11/7/13 start)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will US Airways get approval for new electronics rule? (updated: 11/7/13 start)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:42 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by miffSC
On my Air Wisconsin flight tonight, the Flight Attendant made a point of announcing that AW had most definitely not received the OK for electronic devices....
Weird.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101171321

"Air Wisconsin, which operates routes for US Airways Express, has approval for device use, an FAA spokesperson said Thursday."
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Weird.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101171321

"Air Wisconsin, which operates routes for US Airways Express, has approval for device use, an FAA spokesperson said Thursday."
Approval from FAA and implementation don't necessarily have to be the same day.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Approval from FAA and implementation don't necessarily have to be the same day.
No, certainly not... But you'd think the message to the F/A's would be at the same time.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bkafrick
No, certainly not... But you'd think the message to the F/A's would be at the same time.
Yep. YOu would think they would be on the same page.
However, she was a 'strange' FA on all counts. I won't go into it... but just a little weird. Maybe she doesn't have the new spiel memorized yet???
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:43 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by miffSC
Interesting. On my Air Wisconsin flight tonight, the Flight Attendant made a point of announcing that AW had most definitely not received the OK for electronic devices....so we received the 'old' stow your devices announcement. Not that it mattered to me....I'm all up in a good book tonight! With actual pages
They still make those?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat

On Air Wisconsin right now, and allowed to keep devices on.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
On Air Wisconsin right now, and allowed to keep devices on.
I have had a few instances of this on Republic, even though they don't have approval. I have a feeling FAs are making up rules on the fly, then again thats nothing new.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by grahampros
They still make those?
I've seen a few lying around!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Update 12/2: Piedmont still a no go on PEDs in airplane mode.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: None
I wouldn't count on PDT getting the new PED approval since the planes are being retired as they time out. Unless a replacement turboprop is ordered (Dash/ATR). I'd love to be wrong though.

Jim
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: American Gold; SW A list; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
piedmont no electronics but....

Quick flight CLT-GSP thanksgiving eve, full, FA made the no electronics announcement, then sat down---about 2 feet from the pax in 1B. He had his laptop on, watching a movie, with headphones, the entire flight, pre-departure to landing. When she turned down the lights, he glowed from the movie light. and she said nothing to him..... maybe it was holiday cheer on her part!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by preguntas
maybe it was holiday cheer on her part!
It must have been since laptops still have to be stowed for t/o and landing. Maybe she figured that since there were no passenger seats in front of that passenger, it wasn't worth the hassle of making him turn it off and stow it.

Jim
Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Anyone know if Skywest/US Airways Express is now allowing electronics gate to gate?
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:00 pm

Since US doesn't seem to be publicizing the new rule being adopted at Express carriers there's no way to say unless Skywest puts something out. I haven't seen anything but that doesn't mean much.

Jim
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
To answer my own question, flew on USX today operated by Skywest and electronics ARE allowed gate to gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.