Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seriously??? 8 vodka minis served by FC FA to one Passenger?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Gee, I was thinking ... yeah, 8 is a bit much, but I wish I would get more than 1 or 2 mini Finlandias on some flights. I see no major harm done.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
I'd find something else to worry about. The OP really sat there and counted? No i doubt that.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Nutzz
Some follow the one drink per hour rule

Since when was this ever a rule?

I'm sure I've come close to drinking this quantity on a flight within this amount of time. I haven't driven to or from an airport in years, but no one around me would really ever know that unless they asked.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
When I see people seriously boozing it up in F, I always wonder if they are just doing it because the booze is free. Or they are just big-time alcoholics.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:43 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Body weight, metabolism, full stomach, etc. All of these can play a part. 8 minis would give me a good buzz on a full stomach and only begin to impair motor skills.

45-min flight. The FA may have just decided that the pax would be off the plane before they were in a state to be an issue.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:39 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Don't we really have anything else to discuss?

We all know US is very flexible with boozing in F and Envoy - if someone doesn't like it, please move to UA.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Its really sad when I meant to post a message regarding excessive drinking and then .......s like "burlax" takes it way off the beaten path.
The only thing that's sad......
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: AA , Marriott Titanium
Seriously??? 8 vodka minis served by FC FA to one Passenger?

Nutzz what were the items and amounts they took from the snack basket?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: US DM Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Just got off a flight (that I will not reveal the flight #)... The FC FA served a passenger 2 minis PDB and 6 during a 45min flight.

The passenger was drinking them as shots and the FA knew it / witnessed it, but kept serving...

When I approached the FA and asked if that was too many, he said the passenger wasn't driving, but rather going to a NFL game this weekend... How the hell does he know this????

I know there are technically no rules, but rather the FA's make "judgement calls" on what is too many, but again... 8 minis in approx 1hr 15min? I have seen over service, but this takes the cake...

The next thing you know we will have another drunk shut off alcoholic service like the ABQ route for a few years and ruin it for everyone that is responsible.

I know many flight attendants personally. Some follow the one drink per hour rule and others hand it out like candy, but this was pathetic... It was as if the FA was asking the passenger to get in a car, hit the highway and kill and innocent family. Sick in my mind!!!

Curious on what others think about this irresponsible action by a FA...
As a former bartender, I concur. 750ml of alcohol (one standard minibottle) is a shot. Whoever stated that it's only 2-3 martinis must be ordering doubles/triples.

It's certainly enough to impair ANYONE in a 75 minute timeframe, regardless of body composition or stomach.

And from a liability standpoint: you always assume that the person you are serving is driving, even if they swear otherwise.

Would some of the people in this tread be OK if this guy left the airport and was driving towards you at 65MPH in the opposite direction as you were coming in to make your flight?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by clemsonfn
As a former bartender, I concur. 750ml of alcohol (one standard minibottle) is a shot.
holy crap, I wanna come to your bar, sounds like a great deal on some giant shots.

I'd be concerned too if said pax drank 8 of those (or 6 L - 1.5 gallon) in an hour :O

FYI, this is what 750ml of alcohol looks like

Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
I think it's fair enough to ask if someone is going to drive, but beyond that people are adults and we have consequences for people who break behavorial laws if they are inebriated.

Suspect the person consuming is well aware of their own limits. Unless they just turned 21, and hadn't figured it out yet, there's nothing to see here other than someone enjoying themselves.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atsak
there's nothing to see here other than someone enjoying themselves.
Exactly. As someone who only flies with no responsibilities on either end of the journey like business meetings, MYOB, if I feel like having 1 or 10 drinks, its my business.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
holy crap, I wanna come to your bar, sounds like a great deal on some giant shots.

I'd be concerned too if said pax drank 8 of those (or 6 L - 1.5 gallon) in an hour :O

FYI, this is what 750ml of alcohol looks like

Touche! Maybe I've been imbibing myself!

A minibottle is 1.5 fluid ounces. A minibottle of 40 proof liquor (a typical vodka, scotch, gin, bourbon, tequila, etc) has as much alchol as a 12 ounce bottle of a "regular" (5%) beer. So eight mini bottles of vodka in 75 minutes is the same as 8 bottles of Budweiser in 75 minutes (without the excessive urination).
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Exactly. As someone who only flies with no responsibilities on either end of the journey like business meetings, MYOB, if I feel like having 1 or 10 drinks, its my business.
Do you consider driving a responsibility?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clemsonfn
Do you consider driving a responsibility?
yes, but thats my business as well

If I am getting picked up, I am going to enjoy as many or as few drinks as I feel like, I dont need someone on board playing alcohol cop, mind your own business.

Obviously in the story, the dude with 8 shots wasnt driving. Let him enjoy his drinks. He's the one with a possible headache later, not you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.