Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100% Share Miles Bonus Returns - through Oct. 15, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:17 pm

try tonight 3 times, all said credit card failed, call CC company they told me money is hold and give me authroization code, try call US airways CSR they have no clues, they can't do share miles over the phone, transfer me to tech support? and get cut off every time
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:47 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by ecgz88
try tonight 3 times, all said credit card failed, call CC company they told me money is hold and give me authroization code, try call US airways CSR they have no clues, they can't do share miles over the phone, transfer me to tech support? and get cut off every time
Points.com is the engine for the US airways point purchases and shares and gifts. They make the Russians look like Nordstrom service in comparison.

After using same card more than 4 times in 1 day, the system locks up the card pretty much. So I now spread out the card usage.

Many of the problems listed here have been there and done that in the thread from 2010. That was the best share promo.

The terms have changed for the worse; at least they are better than 2011/12 when they allowed only ONE bonus for both the giver or recipient. So if A did a share to B both could not get a bonus again.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Same, I did old to new and it got stuck. I did old to old and it was instant. I ended up not transfering and just booking a ticket. I hope the transaction will fail because I have 0 miles now and I get a refund. What a mess.
Originally Posted by MMSB01
Last night I attempted to transfer from an old account to 2 new accounts. I used two different cards, both returned "pending" results after transaction but authorizations were placed on the cards.

I have been checking every hour or so and the miles have now moved out of my account and into theirs. However, there have been no email confirmations.

Both new accounts were opened on the 1st of October.

The peculiar part though, I transferred from and old to old several days ago with instant results and saw the pending charge on my card. As of yesterday, the pending charge has vanished (miles stayed). I assume it will come back at some point (couldn't be that lucky).
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by leixusam
Another data point:

- new account created 9/30
- transferred from old to new yesterday 8pm ish
- cleared just within the last 3 hours
I did a transfer from old to new (created on 9/30) yesterday around 10pm. Charge is shown pending on my credit card but miles have not posted yet...hopefully it will come in!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Success

Helping out a friend - completed an A>B B>C C>A - all transactions went through immediately - and we are all 50K to the good.

All accounts were established accounts.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by miffSC
Helping out a friend - completed an A>B B>C C>A - all transactions went through immediately - and we are all 50K to the good.

All accounts were established accounts.
Seems to be no problems with old established accounts.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:35 pm

extremely frustrating. what a mess.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Seems to be no problems with old established accounts.
Yes, seems to mainly be transactions TO a new account, not sure I have seen any reports on transactions from a new account, which is relevant to me as my last transaction once the To new account succeeds (hopefully in time) is back to two old accounts.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by burmans
Yes, seems to mainly be transactions TO a new account, not sure I have seen any reports on transactions from a new account, which is relevant to me as my last transaction once the To new account succeeds (hopefully in time) is back to two old accounts.
yes, i have an old-new transfer which processed 3 ish days ago when the account was 11 days old i believe.
i have 2 old -> new transfers held up.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
Originally Posted by burmans
I did a transfer from the new account back to the old account after receiving the shared miles earlier today. The transaction did not go through immediately and is probably pending. Hopefully it will post later on Tuesday.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:23 pm
LTH

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
I've been juggling between two accounts (both more than a year old) trying to roll up a starting balance of 6k points. All the points were transferred and posted immediately until the last transaction, where I was transferring 44k points with bonus of 38k (because of the limit). The points didn't get transferred but my credit card has been charged...it's been over an hour already, I'm nervous. Anyone had a similar situation?

This system is very sketchy. I'm never doing this again
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by LTH
I've been juggling between two accounts (both more than a year old) trying to roll up a starting balance of 6k points. All the points were transferred and posted immediately until the last transaction, when I was transferring 44k points with bonus of 38k (because of the limit). The points didn't get transferred but my credit card has been charged...it's been over an hour already, I'm nervous.
i've waited on several transactions for more than two days. either the miles will transfer or they won't, so if they don't then wait for the pending charges to drop, and if they don't drop, then chargeback.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:27 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
I'm still on the fence about doing this offer. Anyone buying miles to hold until the program merges with AA?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by TAWS
I'm still on the fence about doing this offer. Anyone buying miles to hold until the program merges with AA?
well in any case you're going to wait a year until this comes back imo, so act fast!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:42 pm
LTH

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by yerffej201
i've waited on several transactions for more than two days. either the miles will transfer or they won't, so if they don't then wait for the pending charges to drop, and if they don't drop, then chargeback.
So for those failed transactions did you try to transfer and pay again? And did those charges for the failed transactions drop for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.