Wiki Posts
Search

100% Share Miles Bonus Returns - through Oct. 15, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
Try again?

Originally Posted by mrahul
did a share this morning and miles were posted instantly.may be clear cookies in browser and try again or try a different browser.
I envy your success! I would be concerned if I may end up with duplicate transactions, transferring more than necessary and incurring multiple transaction fees...
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Gberg
Has anyone tried this?

A-->B (6k-12k)
B-->A (12k-24k)
A-->B (24k-48k)
B-->C (48k-96k)

Is it an issue to double-back on an A-->B transfer?
Just completed the above with no difficulty. Used 4 different credit cards. Last transaction went through but did not get a receipt as points.com said "a system error has occurred," but 96k were posted in "c" account
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by marugorun
I envy your success! I would be concerned if I may end up with duplicate transactions, transferring more than necessary and incurring multiple transaction fees...
i think once the transaction registers the account can't receive again.
so if you do the transaction to the same account, you're only going to get 50k transfer + 0 bonus (i think it specifies on the purchase page)
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Gberg
Has anyone tried this?

A-->B (6k-12k)
B-->A (12k-24k)
A-->B (24k-48k)
B-->C (48k-96k)

Is it an issue to double-back on an A-->B transfer?
No problems as long as any recipient hasn't received more than 50k TOTAL.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Quote:

i think once the transaction registers the account can't receive again.
so if you do the transaction to the same account, you're only going to get 50k transfer + 0 bonus (i think it specifies on the purchase page)
Actually I transferred only 25k from account A to account B, hoping to transfer back 50k from account B to account A later, resulting in 75k net increase in account A. Even if the first transaction goes through eventually, I may be able to transfer another 25k from A to B, but that would not be what I wanted to achieve.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
Just received email confirmation from old to old account's transferred yesterday. However, the old to new account (13 days), balance is now zero despite showing the balance yesterday and no email confirmation.

Actually I transferred only 25k from account A to account B, hoping to transfer back 50k from account B to account A later, resulting in 75k net increase in account A. Even if the first transaction goes through eventually, I may be able to transfer another 25k from A to B, but that would not be what I wanted to achieve.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
Originally Posted by burmans
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigasiannd

Thanks. Let me know when your miles posts.

Still waiting now 36 hours after transfer initiated.
The miles posted to my wife's account when I checked this morning. However, neither of us received an email of the transfer.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:19 am

My transfer also posted, also without any confirmation emails of any sort.

Not a problem, just pulled the second trigger, transferring 50k back to the original account. Hope this will go through!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:33 am

I did two transfer between two old account last week (A --> B, B -->A) and both were posted immediately and confirmation emails came within an hour! But I did a transfer from a new account (B -->C) last night, no emails of any kind and the old account still shows the mile balance and the new account still have zero miles..
I will be checking throughout the day... Hopefully this will clear soon as I want to do another more transfer to two new accounts (C -->D&E)!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
If you have 4 accounts A (has 200k miles), B, C, D (all with 0 miles) - what is the best way to get maximum miles and not leave any orphan miles in any account ?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Looking to transfer 50K to a friend who enrolled in DM on 10/2. Called DMS last night, told we should be all set to execute the transfer at anytime today. A bit concerned with some of the reports last night of the transactions not posting. Would be ok waiting until tomorrow (account will be 13 days old), but my fear is if for some reason the transaction doesn't post immediately (or shortly thereafter) my friend won't be able to send me back 50k. Any thoughts/advice? DMS said if we had any trouble they would rectify the situation, pursuant to the T&Cs but don't want to get caught in the middle of US DMS and points.com

Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by 1k650
If you have 4 accounts A (has 200k miles), B, C, D (all with 0 miles) - what is the best way to get maximum miles and not leave any orphan miles in any account ?
No matter that, you will end up with an odd amount in account A. It helps to draw a chart

Assuming your goal is 90K in each account:

1) transfer 50k each from A to B,C,D, you will left with 50K in A, and 100K each in B,C,D

2) transfer 10K each from B,C,D back to A, you will left with 90K each in B,C,D and 110K in A (50k from step 1 plus 20K each from the transfer from B,C,D)

So Now you have 4 tickets to Asia/Europe total plus addl 20K in account A.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:56 am

Still waiting for share and bonus miles to post from the 11th....
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
anyone sucessfully able to transfer to new accounts created start of the promo?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by fangtl
Still waiting for share and bonus miles to post from the 11th....
My miles posted roughly 3.5 days later. No need to worry unless you need to re-share those miles, in which case you'll need to make alternate arrangements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.