Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US 1707 over Cuban airspace?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:41 pm
inY

Originally Posted by GNVGator
That's interesting, what if a US based plane had to make an emergency landing in Cuba? I remeber reading somewhere on FT about a fligt in the early 80's that had to make an emergency landing in Iran. If I recall the Iranians wouldn't let anybody out of the plane and the pilot had to put the jet fuel on his amex and get out of there.

Go Gators
Northwest 41 landed in Tehran in 2005 and it was "the first American air carrier to land in Iran in 26 years." Everybody got off the plane. Passengers were served breakfast. Northwest promised to pay for the fuel. The captain's credit card was not involved.

http://www.flightpodcast.com/episode...41-into-tehran

You may be confusing this with TWA Flight 847 where Uli Derickson, flight attendant, paid for fuel with her credit card in Algeria.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.