Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-assign seats for Express flight in Y for Star Gold?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'll be flying CLT-CHS on an US Express flight, CRJ-700 equipment, in Economy. I am Star Alliance Gold (Swiss HON Circle).

Is it possible for me to have seats pre-assigned at the Time of booking? Or can I only get my seat number at check-in?

Thanks

Last edited by San Gottardo; Apr 29, 2012 at 2:31 am
Old Apr 29, 2012, 6:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Every passenger, regardless of status, should be able to pre-assign themselves a seat on any US flight. The only time they wouldn't would be if all 'normal' coach seats are occupied and only 'choice' or 'preferred' seats are left. In that case a seat will be assigned to you as the flight gets closer.

When is your flight? How full is it?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'll be flying CLT-CHS on an US Express flight, CRJ-700 equipment, in Economy. I am Star Alliance Gold (Swiss HON Circle).

Is it possible for me to have seats pre-assigned at the Time of booking? Or can I only get my seat number at check-in?

Thanks
Most American carriers let you pre-assign seats, exceptions being Southwest (with no assigned seating) and Spirit (which charges for the privilege).
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: US Gold
The US shuttle flights (between LGA, BOS, and DCA) do not assign seats in coach until check-in. Otherwise you should have no trouble getting a seat assignment in advance. Try calling US directly if you booked the itinerary through another carrier.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
The one thing I'd note is that if you're buying this as part of an itinerary on another carrier (e.g., a connection from LH), the other carrier's website may not have the ability to assign the seat on US. In that case, you can call US and have them assign the seat.

The US website may allow you to assign the seat directly, but you may not be able to use your LH confirmation code to do so -- if that's the case, look up the flight by flight number and name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.