how long for a response from refunds?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:42 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
how long for a response from refunds?

On 1/22, I submitted an online refund request for a partial credit due to a paid first to coach downgrade on one leg of a 4 leg itinerary (weather delay forced me to a later, full flight).

I got the automated response that the request was received, with a link to check the status with the ticket number. I checked it and as of now, there is no record of a request and no status update.

Yesterday, I faxed the request with reference to my prior request of 1/22. I also bluntly said I'll dispute it with AMEX if they don't resolve this by 2/29. Is that unrealistic? How long does it typically take to receive a partial credit in situations like this?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
In my experience, while the CS department tries really hard to respond timely, Refunds take like forever (if ever..)

Recently, they declined a claim of mine 3 weeks after my initial email and after I followed up they refunded the requested amount..without letting me know!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.